Sigma 35mm f1.4....?!!

Soldato
Been after one for months after I rented a 35L. Sold my two remaining EF-S lenses to fund it so my lineup now looks like this:

Canon 50 f/1.4
Canon 24-70 f/2.8L
Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II
Canon 100 f/2.8L
Sigma 35 f/1.4

Longer term plan is now to swap the 7D out for a 6D so I have two FF bodies. Will keep the 40D as an emergency backup as it's not worth selling now really.

Soldato
I had a 40D and still have two 20D's. I never use them because the full frame quality is so much better.

Yeah. Last wedding I did at the end of May, I took nearly 2.5k shots with the 5D and under 100 with the 7D :) Need a second body of course but don't feel like using the 7 really, hence the plan to get a 6.

(sorry Cleisthenes)

Soldato
Does anyone know if there's a way to get Lightroom to show the correct name of the lens in the image info rather than just a generic "35mm"?

I presume this is what's being recorded in the EXIF of the images but then how does LR recognise the lens at all as it still applies the correct profile for it.

Caporegime
Does anyone know if there's a way to get Lightroom to show the correct name of the lens in the image info rather than just a generic "35mm"?

I presume this is what's being recorded in the EXIF of the images but then how does LR recognise the lens at all as it still applies the correct profile for it.

I do know it'll say more stuff if it's a Canon lens.

NQ5hswg.png

I have a feeling that is more to do with the Camera knowing it is a Canon lens to begin with when the photo was taken and that was written into the metadata as opposed to LR knowing what lens it is.

Soldato
Oh yeah all my Canon lenses are fine. What I don't get is, if LR can work out what the lens is in order to apply the correct profile, why can't it display the correct name in the picture info.

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked but I ain't wading through 1000+ posts to check :p

Does anyone here have the Sigma dock? Would you recommend it? How tricky is it to use, what with having to keep moving between the dock and camera to check settings? Do the adjustment points/marks in the Sigma software correlate to the micro-adjust on Canon bodies?

Soldato
OP
I bought one as the 1Ds2 doesn't have MA, but I didn't have to use it in the end! I used it to update lens firmware and had a look at the adjustments. It all looks pretty simple to use. I don't know if the scale matches the Canon in body MA.

Back
Top Bottom