Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

There's only one coffee I'd made a habit of ordering more than once and that is the Hasbean coffee where the description is "blueberry, blueberry, blueberry - oh, did I mention the blueberry?".

I'll let you guess what it tastes and smells like ;)

Made my first cappuccino for a long time.. the mrs fancied one.. I forgotten how good the MCAL was at steaming.. it came out like velvet.. and that's with 1% low fat milk!

Brazil Fazenda Cachoeira Yellow Bourbon Pulped Natural for me.

One of my all time favourite coffees. Great as espresso and filter.

I have ordered this before (twice in fact) about this time last year. Can't remember if it was on your recommmendation though. I've ordered 2 bags this time round. I just wish Hasbean would supply it in larger quantities like the other popular roasters. I'm hoping this & one more order will see me through to the London Coffee Festival, so I can get serious coffee drinking in. :p

Any idea if that Fazenda is likely to go out of stock really quickly? Based one everyone's love for it I may get some with my next order - though that's unlikely to be for at least a week.

They generally do not hang around for long, as it is very seasonal and kind of famous to even novice coffee drinkers. It was one of the very first one i got recommended and love.

They generally do not hang around for long, as it is very seasonal and kind of famous to even novice coffee drinkers. It was one of the very first one i got recommended and love.

When I bought it previously it was just due to finding the description appealing. I didn't realise it was so popular at the time - though it does explain why I couldn't find it again later :)

Hopefully I'll be okay to order some on Fri or Mon.

Hmn probably a bit light for me. I just have an aeropress and drink with milk, so I usually stay away from anything fruity, light, bright etc..!

EDIT: Well I just logged into HB for the first time in a while and realised I bought some of that Brazilian exactly one year ago :p

Last edited:
UKBC Finals tomorrow.

Top 6 running order is:

1. 10:15 Dan Fellows, Origin Coffee, Cornwall @DanFellows1 @origincoffee

2. 11:00 Dale Harris, Has Bean, Midlands @acousticcoffee @hasbean

3. 11:45 Diana Johnston, Workshop Coffee, London @baristasaurus @workshopcoffee

4. 12:45 Estelle Bright, La Marzocco UK, London @estelle_coffee @lamarzocco

5. 1:45 Jana Slamova, Baxter Storey, London @JSlamova @baxter_storey

6. 2:30 Maxwell Colonna-Dashwood, Colonna and Smalls, Bath @colonna_smalls

Sprudge are there live reporting again on their @Sprudgelive twitter feed and I believe there's a livestream going again.

Yup. Livestream here -> http://new.livestream.com/UKBC2015/

First time in 5 years I've not been at any of the heats or the final. feels a little odd.

Well, all the performances are now done. Estelle did what is perhaps was one of my favourite ever performances. It was superb. Dale and Maxwell also put in top performances and I suspect that they are the top 3 *in whatever order*, but you never know. The drinks could have been dodgy.

UKBC 2015 results stream now live.

http://new.livestream.com/UKBC2015/events/3861720

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom