Estelle Bright – 553
Diana Johnston – 515.5

Best espresso goes to Dale Harris
Best cappuccino goes to Maxwell Colonna Dashwood
Best signature drink goes to Dale Harris

1 point between Max and Dale, 1 point out of 700. Damn... :eek:

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Very new to making my own coffee and just looking for a few tips. Got a krups grinder as a gift with some beans so looking for the best way to brew these in a cafetiere. (Will be getting an aeropress next week).

Currently i am blending until course/fine - No setting on grinder but its about 6/7 seconds
7g Beans
125ml Water.
Brew for 4 mins.

This was just something random i found on the net but its a very small amount.

Any recipes for just a 1 cup'er would be great? :D

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Very new to making my own coffee and just looking for a few tips. Got a krups grinder as a gift with some beans so looking for the best way to brew these in a cafetiere. (Will be getting an aeropress next week).

Currently i am blending until course/fine - No setting on grinder but its about 6/7 seconds
7g Beans
125ml Water.
Brew for 4 mins.

This was just something random i found on the net but its a very small amount.

Any recipes for just a 1 cup'er would be great? :D

Cafetieres are not that great tbh. Wait for the aeropress or go moka pot buy one anyway they are cheap and produce the best strong coffee outside espresso.

Aeropress yes - blade grinder, not so much. I don't use an aeropress so I can't comment on whether or not you can get away with a blade grinder for the coffee. Perhaps you can as it doesn't need to be as well ground as espresso. Hopefully someone else will comment.

Coffee bean-wise you're spoilt for choice really. I pretty much just use Has Bean but there are plenty of other good roasters. For HB stuff I tend to look at the cupping notes and just chose ones that match what I think I might like - fruity, chocolatey, etc.

Looking to move away from instant coffee and get something like an aero press. I typically drink 3 cups a day while working from home so would like something fairly quick and easy to use. Would this shopping basket be a good start?

1. Aero press http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000GXZ2GS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AQGOIN44QS1J4
2. Krups Twin Blade http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krups-Twin-Blade-Coffee-Mill/dp/B00004SPEU/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_3
3. some coffee bean recommendations.

I would personally get a Chemex over an aeropress, both needs a paper filter anyway but the Chemex makes a better brew for me, or should I say, less to go wrong, easy to make a great cup of coffee.

Just reading about our nations leader when I spotted this pic...
david-cameron-kitchen.jpg

I wonder if he is a coffee snob, or if it's just there for show :).

Back
Top Bottom