Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

I limit myself to one in the morning and an optional one when i get in from work. Ive been on the bad end of too much caffeine before from energy drinks not going through that again.

I typically buy roasted beans and freeze 250g lots in bags (just metal tie) which I then defrost (still sealed) in fridge and then allow to return to ambient temperature outside fridge before opening pack and using (not returning to the fridge) over a week. To my palate this does not seem to degrade them , and avoids the need for any long term more
elaborate storage systems ? is this sacrilegious ?

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collections/ancillaries/products/gold-250g-resealable-coffee-bags

:)

This is same type of bag which they normally get shipped in from a number of places btw (including HasBean) - so don't go buying them only to discover they are the same as what you already have!

I buy my coffee from Starbucks at the moment and their bags aren't resealable. Need something to clean my portafilter on my Gaggia Classic, I can't get anything into the small channels to clean them out.

with a soak in the puly caff stuff you shouldn't need to try and manually push anything out the holes.

storage wise i got a vacuvin vacuum coffee saver thing years ago, wit works very well, I use it daily and it's still going strong (although it doesn't hold vacuum for more than about a week now, might need a new seal)

The mrs a couple of days ago..
19748298623_c9c2b83c46_o.jpg

Bowl of coffee, baguette with camembert cheese, dip cheesy bread into coffee. Consume.

Me: Coffee cheese-dunking travesty!

Back
Top Bottom