Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Monitor stand shipped Monday from GT Omega, got the tracking but hasn't worked for two days so chased them today and got two different responses, one saying it's going out today or tomorrow then another talking about a totally different product advising they have oversold on Prime rigs :confused: I replied stating I ordered a monitor stand not a cockpit. Anyway it's finally showing up as collected now via parcel force. Ordered a pair of their new gloves to try https://www.gtomega.co.uk/products/presa-sim-racing-gloves?variant=41127619854424 which were shipped monday but oddly no tracking, not overly impressed them GT Omega so far, will see what the products are like in person.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been a week today since I got my Fanatec bits. Got a boost kit on order (Aliexpress special at £29 delivered!), and ordered a Si Turnball rig today also :D Can't wait to have it properly set up. Been enjoying doing some races with a mate and others on World Sim Series, doing the Caterham Cup and Aussie Supercup, those V8 supercars are a real handful!

Soldato
My fanatec bundles are on the way, monitor stand is due tomorrow from GT Omega. Ordered the F1 DD+ bundle plus a GT bundle, wanted both wheel rims so most likely sell the spare DD+ base. One thing I would say is shocking about Fanatec is their so called pre order system - I ordered my GT Extreme bundle on 27.02.2024 it said due by 25.03.2024, it then moved to 28.03.2024 which I would assume was a delay with stock, however for past week week or so the GT Extreme bundle was showing ships 4-7 days but my pre order didn't move at all. Anyway I cancelled the GT bundle, re ordered monday and it's shipped already! So you can effectively jump the pre-order queue! Got another friend who is still waiting for theirs and they ordered over a month ago, their ordering system must be garbage!

Associate
My fanatec bundles are on the way, monitor stand is due tomorrow from GT Omega. Ordered the F1 DD+ bundle plus a GT bundle, wanted both wheel rims so most likely sell the spare DD+ base. One thing I would say is shocking about Fanatec is their so called pre order system - I ordered my GT Extreme bundle on 27.02.2024 it said due by 25.03.2024, it then moved to 28.03.2024 which I would assume was a delay with stock, however for past week week or so the GT Extreme bundle was showing ships 4-7 days but my pre order didn't move at all. Anyway I cancelled the GT bundle, re ordered monday and it's shipped already! So you can effectively jump the pre-order queue! Got another friend who is still waiting for theirs and they ordered over a month ago, their ordering system must be garbage!

ha, thats crazy. Good information to know though for anyone else who has a pre order

Soldato
Bundles arrived today, made a start on the monitor stand but needed a bigger VESA mount for my LG C2 so waiting for that from amazon tomorrow then can make a start on my Trak Racer TR160 MK4 rig + Sparco R333 seat, wish me luck lol

434585481-10171933072460354-6702907532143982605-n.jpg

Soldato
Can someone recommend a good mouse and keyboard try for a sim rig? :)
Still looking for a good one myself. I have the TR one and dont rate it at all. Swivels are **** and its constantly self loosening off bolts as it gets swivelled in and out... Its "functional" at best. There has to be a better solution, but I've yet to find it.

Associate
IMG-1460.jpg
Finally got my GT Omega Prime and Simagic gear all set up. Done a full tour of the man cave with the rig before settling on this spot. Absolute work out building this and moving it about.

Any other fellow iracing noobs wanna race together drop me a PM…

Soldato
IMG-1460.jpg
Finally got my GT Omega Prime and Simagic gear all set up. Done a full tour of the man cave with the rig before settling on this spot. Absolute work out building this and moving it about.

Any other fellow iracing noobs wanna race together drop me a PM…

That looks great, hopefully get my trak racer rig built this week, what's the best way to hide the cabling?

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom