Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
I currently have a GT Omega Prime rig ordered, however, I am very double minded and looking at the Simlab P1X pro which seems to be highly rated.

Anyone have any suggestion? Worth cancelling GT Omega Prime for the Simlab P1X Pro? I like the higher pedal placement on the P1X pro and it's a little shorter in length overall than the Prime.

Soldato
I currently have a GT Omega Prime rig ordered, however, I am very double minded and looking at the Simlab P1X pro which seems to be highly rated.

Anyone have any suggestion? Worth cancelling GT Omega Prime for the Simlab P1X Pro? I like the higher pedal placement on the P1X pro and it's a little shorter in length overall than the Prime.
Na I would stick with the omega prime and that's coming from a p1x none pro user.

The reason why is because the angled style of the p1x pro makes it more challenging to add additional mounts etc on it vs the omega prime and the normal p1x pro I have that has straight style no angled.

You can probably just get the p1x pedel deck and slap it on the omega prime if you want more height. Basically the omega prime has more ability to customise it vs the angled p1x pro

Associate
Na I would stick with the omega prime and that's coming from a p1x none pro user.

The reason why is because the angled style of the p1x pro makes it more challenging to add additional mounts etc on it vs the omega prime and the normal p1x pro I have that has straight style no angled.

You can probably just get the p1x pedel deck and slap it on the omega prime if you want more height. Basically the omega prime has more ability to customise it vs the angled p1x pro
Ahh that's really helpful. I didn't even consider that you could potentially mount the P1X pedal deck on the Prime. Thanks!

Soldato
Deliveries coming thick and fast at the moment. Fanatec V3 pedals here within a week, can't fault the service only ordered them last Friday, Trak Racer TR 160 is stored away until the GT extreme bundle arrives long with the monitor stand from GT omega, both on pre-order. :D

IMG-6239.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone used the adapter that lets you plug the g29 pedals directly into a pc?
Yes I have that now. I have the TrueBrake mod installed on my G29 pedals with the Leo Bodnar cable. The TrueBrake mod is not a proper load cell pedal but comes close to one. I noticed a big difference between stock and modded. However, if you have the funds available, a proper set of load cell pedals may be better.

Soldato
Yes I have that now. I have the TrueBrake mod installed on my G29 pedals with the Leo Bodnar cable. The TrueBrake mod is not a proper load cell pedal but comes close to one. I noticed a big difference between stock and modded. However, if you have the funds available, a proper set of load cell pedals may be better.

Yeah might be picking up a second hand load cell set, not sure yet.

Problem I have is the Playseat challenge X is only designed to mount Logitech pedals.

Soldato
holes are there for Thrustmeter as well i believe, I'm looking at buying one at the moment

i "think" they will take the lower end Fantatic wheel too (just)

From what I can see the Playseat X mounts work for Logitech and thrustmaster because they have an inbuilt solid plate already. But the more upmarket pedals don't come with this, you're meant to bolt each pedal to an existing plate, which the X seat doesn't have. This would mean there is nothing to support the pedals.

Back
Top Bottom