SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Soldato
Yep I got the email! shame it wasn't about at launch when playing on servers was buggy/impossible...

suppose they've seen their sales dwindle so eventually give out what we wanted originally in the hope to get some more sales/DLC :p

Don
Why wont they just increase the ruddy map size. I'm hoping now this has an offline mode it will be hacked and the map size modified. I have given up with EA on this.

not the only one! They have really ended the Sim City franchise with this remake unless EA drop it and some good devs either crowdfund it or find a publisher which will do right by Sim City.

Stelly

Soldato
Presumably map size is due to performance constraints. You should be able to choose though. And maybe linking more than one bloody road to the outside world would be nice. Even two would be okay.

Man of Honour
I would agree with performance constraints, if they were actually simulating anything. But they aren't actually simulating anything, which is the biggest issue with the game.

Associate
The whole cities in regions thing can be a bit frustrating but switching between them doesn't take long. I see it more as a bit of fun. The only problem i have with it is that i have a city with a nuclear power plant production loads of energy but the city next to it isn't taking all the power it needs :(

Soldato
The whole cities in regions thing can be a bit frustrating but switching between them doesn't take long. I see it more as a bit of fun. The only problem i have with it is that i have a city with a nuclear power plant production loads of energy but the city next to it isn't taking all the power it needs :(

I think the excess power is allocated equally to every active city. So if a power station is generating 1000mw and you have five 'active' cities in a region, it only allows each city 200mw, regardless of actual demand.

At least that's always been my understanding. It works the same for water supply too.

It's an irritating mechanic, but I suppose they have to do it that way as the cities don't all run at the same time.

Soldato
started playing this again.

got a problem with my industry.

ive got every form of education with college and uni next to my industry area, 3 processing plants and 1 tv factory but my tech level is 0.

I just cant get hi tech industry.

i have population of 65000 with an industry zone big enough for 10-15 businesses but they just keep screaming for workers..

my education is showing 2600/2700 people in education.

Is there a bug that it just keeps asking for more housing?

Associate
I'm having a problem with mods for this game, namely that if I install any mod then I get a 'Simcity has crashed' upon exiting the game. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I don't get the crash when simply playing vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom