SimRig build*..........*build includes building a shed for it 1st

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Love it. This has given me insight to how something like this is built. Helpful becasue I'm in the process of buying a house with a similar structure split into an office/gym. I'm wondering, how you have run power and networking?. The reason I ask is
"ours" been done fairly recently so assume it'll be a fairly similar but I've only just thought about the networking side. I assume there's conduit and I should ask them, but it won't stop me buying the house so I'm just wondering what to expect and hoping I can get a wired connection to it if there isn't something already in place.

I have a playseat and G27 in my mums loft becasue I don;t cxurrently have space. Can't wait to go down the sim rig rabbit hole when we get moved!

kQ5Yi9u.png

Soldato
Love it. This has given me insight to how something like this is built. Helpful becasue I'm in the process of buying a house with a similar structure split into an office/gym. I'm wondering, how you have run power and networking?. The reason I ask is
"ours" been done fairly recently so assume it'll be a fairly similar but I've only just thought about the networking side. I assume there's conduit and I should ask them, but it won't stop me buying the house so I'm just wondering what to expect and hoping I can get a wired connection to it if there isn't something already in place.

I have a playseat and G27 in my mums loft becasue I don;t cxurrently have space. Can't wait to go down the sim rig rabbit hole when we get moved!

kQ5Yi9u.png
Need to dig out a route from your house to your summer house and run a cable both power and cat 6.

Job done after you do that

Associate
OP

kQ5Yi9u.png

That looks very similar. I've got an underground duct bring in power and ethernet. In the shed there's a fuse board and an 8 port POE switch powering wifi and CCTV.

Associate
She's now a gym.
There's something wrong with your gym equipment, it's not covered in washing! :p

I already had this thread in mind as inspiration if I ever want to build an office shed but now I see there's a whole new one to read through. Looks seriously good from a quick skim of the photos well done!

Associate
OP
:)

Thank you. Keeping it out of the house is good to avoid hanging clothes on it all. As a family were all still using it multiple times a week. Yesterday I did the 1st gym introduction to a friend of my wifes. She's sacking off her membership and using our kit instead as it covers most of what she uses. :)

Back
Top Bottom