Singapore Grand Prix 2010, Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 15/19

Associate
Would like to see what Alonso would have done. Was apparently on a real flyer with fastest secrot times according to the bbc commentary. The random weather is a bit of a bother but hopefully will see all 5 contenders fighting at the front for once rather than 3 one week then 2 the next then a different 3 the next.

Soldato
to me it looked like the circuit was still rubbering in when the two RB's set their times (none of the other contenders were out on track at that point)

JB who was out last (of the others) was matching SV and occasionaly /slightly beating him on his inlap until turn 13 or something (and at that point a lot of people were beating their own best times)

I really dont think RB's have as much an advantage as those times are suggesting (and on race fuel the McLarens looked a match for the RB's down to 1/2 tenth here or there) , but due to Alonso's stall we dont know what the Ferrari is like yet on race level fuel)

Even on the last light run it looked like SV was doing a longer run than either of the McLaren's had done previously, I think JB did 3 or 4 laps and it seemed like SV did 5+ which will help enourmously at this stage of the weekend (in getting to the top of the times), esppeciall with the tricky new/amended chicane

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
FIA Friday press conference - Singapore
Team principals: Stefano Domenicali (Ferrari), Tony Fernandes (Lotus), Colin Kolles (HRT), Peter Sauber (BMW Sauber).

Friday practice - selected team and driver quotes
As if the night-time setting and twisty street-circuit layout weren’t challenging enough, showers in Singapore added a damp track to the equation on Friday. During the first practice session Red Bull’s Mark Webber and Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher were the quickest runners, whilst in the second Sebastian Vettel topped the timesheets in the other Red Bull. The leading drivers and their rivals reflect on their early progress at Marina Bay…

Jenson Button Q&A: Keyword is ‘controlled aggression’
After something of a midseason lull in performance, Jenson Button’s recent podium in Monza confirmed that he has no intention of giving up his drivers’ crown without a fight. The McLaren driver’s strong form continued in Singapore on Friday, as he finished ‘best of the rest’ behind the Red Bulls…

Exclusive Q&A - McLaren’s Martin Whitmarsh
After a relatively slow start to the season, McLaren have worked hard to become world championship contenders, with both of their drivers in the running for glory. If they achieve their goal, it will be for the first time under current team principal Martin Whitmarsh. Would he prefer Hamilton or Button to win? Whitmarsh doesn’t care, as long as one of them does it, even if he does he admit that recruiting Button was almost an accident

Soldato
I'v never needed to watch a repeat before so I don't know about these things lol.

there will probably be a 2 minutes recap on iplayer, I'm just guessing though.

Man of Honour
OP
Of course we do knip. Wet qauli and wet track to start the race would be awesome. Although no rain forcast for qauli.

Only caught the last 12mins what happened to button.

Caporegime
Vettel is ominously quick. He justs seems to be in another league. Faster in every sector than Webber? 1.2s faster overall? That's staggering.

Only rain can stop him charging off into the distance?

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting that Yamtomato is allegedly saying that he's not got food poisoning, but the team boss is.. I smell a rat, which isn't surprising, HRT have stunk all year (with possible exception of Karun, who is proving to be a great colour commentator)

Back
Top Bottom