Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2017, Singapore - Race 14/20

Rate the 2017 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Cant believe so many ppl gave a 10 rating for this race!

Is this seriously some of the best racing you have ever seen? Crash first corner followed by a predictable procession to the finish line! I pity you :p

Man of Honour
If you do what they do at the olympics - wipe out the 10's (Merc fans) and wipe out the 1's (Ferrari fans) then you get a better picture.

It was a decent race with a lot of action, several SC and a healthy dose of drama. Ticked pretty much all the boxes.

Soldato
I think the majority of them have nothing to do with the race itself and are more to do with Vettel retiring.
Sadly that is the case both ways.

It's all a bit childish really. I don't understand the whole fanatical thing personally. I've had favourite drivers in the past (Mansell and Alesi in particular) and I have certain characters that I prefer to others off the track, but on it I'm fairly neutral when it comes to supporting any particular drivers and teams (in that I don't).

I've got football for taking sides. Motorsport I'm generally beyond that phase now - I just enjoy it for what it is.

Soldato
How is it any different to picking a side in football??
It isn't I suppose. I love motorsport, not any particular driver (and I'm not patriotic in motorsport either, so I'll not support someone just because they are British, though I am patriotic in other sports).

Football is more of a casual sport in my life so I do follow one team. That's the reasoning in my head, whatever the reason actually is!

I don't get the slagging or fanaticism in football either - not to the extent some are at least.

Soldato
I've got football for taking sides. Motorsport I'm generally beyond that phase now - I just enjoy it for what it is.

Agreed. I think it's just being British, but what I enjoy the most is seeing an underdog or an outsider do well in motorsport. Like Force India getting P4 & 5 at Spain, P5 & 6 in Canada this season for example. When Jules got his and Marussia/Manor's first points with a P9 at Monaco in 2014. Means a lot more than a P2 to a Merc/Ferrari driver 'who should have won' for example.

Soldato
Agreed. I think it's just being British, but what I enjoy the most is seeing an underdog or an outsider do well in motorsport. Like Force India getting P4 & 5 at Spain, P5 & 6 in Canada this season for example. When Jules got his and Marussia/Manor's first points with a P9 at Monaco in 2014. Means a lot more than a P2 to a Merc/Ferrari driver 'who should have won' for example.
Yeah, I have found myself rooting for McLaren in recent years, just because being British means that we're genetically programmed to love an underdog. I'm not a McLaren fan, but since the Honda disappointment I do enjoy it when the drivers manage to grind out results and performances.

I remember back to 1999 when Frentzen in the Jordan came within a drive-shaft failure of tying for the championship lead with 2 rounds to go. I know it was because Ferrari and McLaren kept on tripping over themselves after Schumacher broke his leg, but I couldn't help but will Frentzen on.

Caporegime
Cant believe so many ppl gave a 10 rating for this race!

Is this seriously some of the best racing you have ever seen? Crash first corner followed by a predictable procession to the finish line! I pity you :p

There's very little racing in F1 nowadays unless you think DRS is a skill, I wouldn't rate it a 10 but a lot more occured on the first lap of this race than most Grand Prix's have in their entirity and it's certainly been more interesting to discuss than the majority of other races.

Caporegime
I scored it what I did because as the recent few years go. It was pretty entertaining. Simple as that. But wet races always will be. Thank goodness they happen!

Soldato
I thought it was terribly boring after all the start-line entertainment wore off. It was a race that promised much in the dry and even more so in the wet, but we were robbed of that even before turn 1.

The think the realisation for over 2 hours that it was probably championship over spoiled my mood too. The rest of the year is set to be standard races (which, let's be honest, haven't been great this year) and we won't have a championship battle to spice them up.

The 4 I voted was probably too harsh, but I wouldn't have gone higher than a 6.

Soldato
I gave it a 5. Yes, lots of incident at the front but that actually robbed us of what would have been a better race. I'd rather watch racing than crashing.

Exactly this. I was so ****** off to see three drivers who had a genuine chance of fighting for the race win disappear instantly, leaving it down to just Hamilton and Ricciardo with any pace - Bottas looked lacking throughout the weekend in terms of actually going for the win.

Man of Honour
Just to bring it up again, I agree with scarbs racing incident but if you have to Divya blame to someone then it's Vets to shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom