****Sins of a Solar Empire II ****

Was super closent to picking this up just now for £27 from a key site. But then thought, I have not even played Star Trek Infinite yet (Stellaris with ST skin which I purchased almost a year ago.

Going to give that a try and see how I get on with that.

For me based on reviews they have not added much (such as a campaign) to warrant grabbing it now. If it was £24.99 on steam now I may have got it.

Last edited:
Was super closent to picking this up just now for £27 from a key site. But then thought, I have not even played Star Trek Infinite yet (Stellaris with ST skin which I purchased almost a year ago.

Going to give that a try and see how I get on with that.

For me based on reviews they have not added much (such as a campaign) to warrant grabbing it now. If it was £24.99 on steam now I may have got it.

Paradox killed that studio off I think so the Star Trek thingy is dead in the water. Something like that

The other good thing is I believe I heard someone say the folks behind the Armada 3 mod will be making a new Star Trek mod once the mod tools are released.

Oooh, very much looking forwards to that.

I'm holding off forn now until Galaxy Forge gets released so I can make my own maps. Some of my favourites from the original games were my own creations.

Reactions: TNA
I've only briefly looked at Sins2 via the likes of DasTactic on youtube and I'm not sure I like the thing with the orbiting planets on the map changing the space lanes and how it moves which systems connect to other systems over time. It seems more like a gimmick to me that to make it different to Sins1, I would prefer a straight forward fixed map like in pretty much all space 4x games so far. Seems like one of those things which either the AI will have no clue how to exploit it which could make the game trivial if the Human player is able to find the exploits, or the AI will be so good at exploiting that it that the Human player can't hope to compete. Possibly me being a luddite though.

I've only briefly looked at Sins2 via the likes of DasTactic on youtube and I'm not sure I like the thing with the orbiting planets on the map changing the space lanes and how it moves which systems connect to other systems over time. It seems more like a gimmick to me that to make it different to Sins1, I would prefer a straight forward fixed map like in pretty much all space 4x games so far. Seems like one of those things which either the AI will have no clue how to exploit it which could make the game trivial if the Human player is able to find the exploits, or the AI will be so good at exploiting that it that the Human player can't hope to compete. Possibly me being a luddite though.
Luddites in Space ? Could be the makings of a film there ...

Seriously, though, tried this game yesterday and, even though I haven't played the original SOASE for years, didn't find this difficult to pick up. Most of the original concepts / mechanics are still there and the new ones aren't complex or so broken the AI abuses / can't cope with them. Graphics, obviously, are an upgrade and the game copes well with a large number of ships on screen. I'm interested to see what the future DLCs will add to the game ( beyond capital ships, which we already know about ).

Last edited:
Well, I just ended up grabbing this.

£17.93 from YuPlay. Came with a free gift game that turned out to be Warhammer:Chaosbane Slayer Edition :cry:

Hope I did not jump on it too early. Tomorrow it might be £9.99 :cry:

Was close to going for the premium edition for under £35 but thought f that. If I am still intereated in the game by the time all the content is out I will grab it then.

I think £18 is a good price and anyone on the fence should jump in. Such a crazy drop in prize so close to release.

Gamenis activates and installed already on steam by the way.

£20 on cd keys if anyone's looking.

Small 6 Gb download for people like me with rubbish internet :)

Back
Top Bottom