1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skoda

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Phil W, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Access should be ok too, the transverse 1.8t is easy enough to remove the sump off, the Longitudinal one you need to start moving sub frames out the way.

I got VW to replace the pickup and the pipe, the part is cheap so you might aswell change it rather than clean.

2. alchemistkevin

Gangster

Lookin' good, especially for the price.

3. alchemistkevin

Gangster

Those alloys look good too, I'd refurb rather than replace :)

4. Phil W

Sgarrista

I may well refurb them yet. I have a full size spare and of the 5 wheels, 2 of them are beginning to corrode quite considerably.

I'm getting wed next year so expensive thing (I.E wheel refurb) are on hold for the time being. It's going to cost £200+ for a good refurb, I may just add the extra outlay and get some BBS CH ZOMG Reps.

:)

5. alchemistkevin

Gangster

Oh they're lurvly.

good choice.

& you're right a good refurb won't see you much change from £200

6. Liverpool-Lad

Wise Guy

Id probably avoid reps as they which well reduced strength and quality to OE and heavier?

I do like the wheels as Skoda intended. Bit of a pain to clean though! :p

7. Phil W

Sgarrista

It's just the outer lips that are a pain, I've bought a small brush just to get in the areas that the sponge can't manage!

There are a couple of sellers out there that are reputable for a good quality replica wheel, I'm still not fully decided yet, it won't be until next year anyway, for the time being I'm going to experiment on my spare with some plastidip :)

8. Gtiracer

Wise Guy

Nice motor, when the one I have does die, I will possibly replace with Octy or Bora. Yours looks good, Look forward to seeing the mapped figures with FMIC

9. Stormster

Mobster

I used to want BBS CH reps... but the whole heavy, soft and bendy thing everyone banged on about put me off.

I think a bit of subtle lowerage and a refurb of the alloys would have it looking great.

Looks fantastic in red to be fair, very clean! What happened to the Mondeo?

10. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Genuine BBS CH are not expensive anyway are they? I can see the reason people go for fakes when they want LM's given they are completely ridiculous money (£3k or so) for a set but CH's don't seem to be that much more pricey than any other quality wheel.

11. lordrobs

Capodecina

Let us know how you get on. I'm tempted to do the same as a cheap, temporary (ish) tidy up of my wheels.

12. Phil W

Sgarrista

Cheapest I can see (brief search) is £1300 with tyres. When you see replicas out there for £400-£450 with Tyres it's tempting just to go with the reps.

/edit - seen a set for £800.

13. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

A full set of wheels and tyres in 18 inch for 400 quid are just going to be rubbish. You can't even buy 4 decent tyres for that!

14. leoncuprar

Hitman

I can't see the pics either... what am I missing ?
    :confused:

15. Griffo

Wise Guy

Looks nice. And reminds me how dirty mine is looking right now! Yay for black.

16. Phil W

Sgarrista

I can't agree with black cars. I viewed 3 or 4 black Octavia vRS's and the body work really let them down. I don't expect 8-9 year old cars to be like new but they were just down right tatty :rolleyes:

17. Liverpool-Lad

Wise Guy

Oh, have you had the coil packs changed under recall? FOC.

18. Phil W

Sgarrista

Yeah, incidentally i found out about it through a thread you were posting in on Briskoda! Had them done last week :)

19. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Looks like a good deal.

20. Pants

Mobster

My advice is get a remap, but not from Jabba. Their map is too spiky, makes for an annoying drive. Although it comes recommended for some reason.

Also avoid the KW suspension, which also comes recommended. It's not bad, and fine on smooth roads. But very unsettled when pushed on a b-road.

Also I'm not impressed with Continental CS3's. (Yes seen it come recommended numerous times on here *sigh*). My old Eagle F1 Asymmetric did a better job on this car, and were cheaper. I'm not slating CS3's before someone has a winge, the just don't seem great on the Octavia.

I think the moral is that the internet consensus is not always right. Or maybe I just have high expectations. Enjoy the car these are great cars, I'll be sad to see mine go! (until step in a Focus ST ;) )