1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skoda

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Phil W, Oct 12, 2011.

1. NathWraith

Capodecina

looks in good nick webbo :)

2. agw_01

Capodecina

Wow, those wheels look great!

I know they're VAG wheels but they really suit the VRS.

3. lordrobs

Capodecina

Looks good W3bbo. I'm guessing that is quite a late mk1 to have Xenons? Those RS6 wheels look great on there, another style I was considering and suit the Octy much more than the RS4's that many people go for.

4. w3bbo

Man of Honour

'04. They weren't ever standard on the VRs, just the WRC version iirc.

Yeah I agree about the RS6 alloys. Suit the car really well and so much easier to clean than spiders!

5. firstborn

Mobster

Waiting to take delivery of a new Octavia VRs estate in Jan (hopefully). Am I right to be excited?

6. Minxy

Soldato

I have a real soft spot for these. Why people still turn their noses up at Skodas I don't know.

7. Matt82

Capodecina

Its good to see the paint by numbers approach to modding cars applies to the entire vag community.

Btw you fitted rs3 arbs to an octavia?

8. Phil W

Sgarrista

The new ones look great IMO!

9. Billythekid

PermaBanned

Skoda's are really nice cars, cousin had one, shame he drank too much, couldn't handle the pressure.

10. Griffo

Wise Guy

Arg same here! The first time I scraped it I almost cried. Then the next time I swore, and now I just groan - looks a right state under there.

I like those alloys Mr. w3bbo.

11. w3bbo

Man of Honour

Yup.

12. Phil W

Sgarrista

First part replacement to add to the list.. thermostat (i think).

Also bought myself a VCDS cable, going to run the Lite version to start with and see how i get on with it :)

13. lordrobs

Capodecina

VCDS Lite has saved me a fortune! Doesn't seem to want to work on my new laptop so I've swapped to Torque Pro on my phone and a Bluetooth OBDII port thingy.

Both times my CEL came on along with a weird temperature gauge it was the temp sensor which is a nice easy fix.

14. Phil W

Sgarrista

Haven't got the CEL on at the moment.

Car runs fine but it does seem a bit thirstier, after reading up on it that seems to be one of the symptoms of a nackered stat as well. Haven't got a wierd temp gauge as such, just reads much lower than normal (70-80 instead of 90).

15. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

My stat is broken at the moment and has been for around two weeks, if mine is anything to go by you won't get a CEL, however your mpg will go down, and if you take the car on the motorway the temp will drop from the normal halfway position to sometimes 1/4, but it quickly goes back up to normal once sat for a few mins.

16. Phil W

Sgarrista

Yeah, same symptoms by the sounds of it.

Will look at getting a replacement this week.

17. Kenai

Capodecina

Interesting, sounds like mine may be wanting replacement, as sitting at a high speed for a while sees the temperature hovering below the 90 mark and the fuel economy isn't wonderful atm.

18. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Eurocarparts want £11 for the stat, £1 for the gasket and £25 for 5yr VW / Audi coolant, i may get a new housing which is £9

Access is the issue so i'm leaving mine till after christmas when i do the cambelt, waterpump, fix the boost leak and change the headlights.

19. Phil W

Sgarrista

Ordered a ECP Thermostat (Circoli I think). Briskoda members said stay away from the GSF one (think it was Liverpool-Lad actually!).

Problem for me is ordering genuine parts is a 20mile drive away to collect, having said that, if this one fails prematurely then I won't hesitate to order genuine.

20. Stormster

Mobster

It'll deffo be the stat :) My Golf did the same. Warmed up loads quicker once new one was fitted too which is handy in winter :D