1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Sky Q Thread ***

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Cosimo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. stoofa

Capodecina

Hay - MissChief - when will Sky solve the "issue" that is stopping people without a boxset subscription from downloading Riviera S2 in UHD?
    I'm only asking here on a complete off-chance. Mainly because Sky support thus far have been a complete waste of time.
    You've got a series that is being constantly advertised, however right now, despite being aired recently, it's not possible to download Episode 3.
    With Sky support you get one of three basic responses:- "I'll send an update to your box now, reboot and try again". or "You don't have a subscription for that program" or "We'll arrange for another update to your account"

2. 5punk3monk3y

Mobster

How is it an issue? It's not catch up it's a box set. The series hasn't fully aired yet therefore you can't "catch up" with a series that hasn't been broadcast, the UHD version is obviously a box set as it's not aired in UHD.

Why not pay for ultimate on demand and save 1.99 a month (after Netflix increases the sub)

3. Basher

Soldato

He says in his post that Ep3 has already aired but is not available ...

4. 5punk3monk3y

Mobster

absolutely but a page back it was a moan about the box sets and availability of UHD

5. Basher

Soldato

Right, but surely not being able to download. an episode that has already been aired IS an issue?

6. 5punk3monk3y

Mobster

Indeed it could be however the UHD version is probably categorised as a box set whereas the HD version is catch up who knows it's a pita if you remove box sets from your sub.

7. stoofa

Capodecina

Indeed it was a complaint about box sets and availability of UHD - however the complaint is now the fact that E3 of S2 has now aired and I cannot download it in UHD. I can download E1 & 2 and even E4 - however I am continuously informed that I don't have a valid subscription to download E3 in UHD.
    Sky support have been absolutely fantastic, not - if they are to be believed I've had around 4 updates sent to my box so far - this seems to be the default response from them at the moment. When I tell them it made no difference it's a race to get my off the call/chat as quickly as possible.

I spend additional each month wit Sky so that I could have UHD - I knew there wasn't that much content, but was happy enough knowing I'd be able to watch "new content" and now I cannot even do that.
    I wonder if there is any breach of contract here.....no, not looking for compensation, but Virgin keep on sending me through amazing deals to go join them and now I wouldn't miss Atlantic they are a lot more viable.

8. RoboCod

Capodecina

@stoofa, just watch that one episode in paltry HD and move on :D

9. Robzere31

Mobster

Indeed.
    I'm considering dropping UHD as the quality compared to standard HD isn't that much of an improvement certainly when compared to Netflix UHD & certainly not worth an extra £13pm.

10. RoboCod

Capodecina

I have to agree it doesn't seem to present particularly good value. Compared to UHD/HDR/Dolby Vision discs on my 4k player, it just isn't nearly as good. Hopefully they'll split the uhd and multiroom cost soon, because the extra TV is the only reason I'm paying the extra for at the moment, not really the uhd.

11. Vertigo1

Capodecina

Is there any news yet on when the Sky & BT Sport deal is going to come to fruition? It's been 18 months since it was announced and nothing since!

12. MissChief

Capodecina

All we've heard is sometime later this year. I suspect BT are trying to be greedy and either asking for more or want to try and wait until Champions League starts so they can tie people into new contracts.

13. Vertigo1

Capodecina

Ah ok thanks. I'm fully expecting this "deal" to be nothing of the sort and still cost the same as it does currently to add the channels directly via BT, the only difference will be the convenience of one bill, just as with Netflix.

14. MissChief

Capodecina

If you already have Box Sets with Sky you can save 5-7 per month compared to taking direct through Netflix. I'd imagine it'll be £10-£15pm.