*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
I do think the Virgin setup is a lot better tbh I’m finding the SkyQ a bit limited in comparison. No going back in the guide and setting up recordings and linking catch up is far better on Virgin. Can’t really complain as it was free and the extra little box is great to have.

Try using the voice search? Might find it easier.

Man of Honour
Any update on Sky offering BT through a single sub? My son is gutted now that WWE has gone over to BT Sport, so I'm resigned to the fact I'm going to be getting it, but I'd rather not do it seperately through BT

Caporegime
Any update on Sky offering BT through a single sub? My son is gutted now that WWE has gone over to BT Sport, so I'm resigned to the fact I'm going to be getting it, but I'd rather not do it seperately through BT
Still not seen a launch date I’m afraid. Last I heard was this month but that might slip to next month now.

Caporegime
Can you still get SKY HD?
I'm going to phone Sky this weekend and cancel Sky Q as I'm sick to death of the sound cutting out every 20-30 seconds.
Won't roll back to +HD anymore unless you can't get Q on a communal dish. It's the standard fit, we don't even make any +HD boxes anymore, it's all refurb stock.

Associate
What's the issue? Sound drop out? Any sound system? How are you connected?
It cuts out for a second every 20- 30 seconds. Not on all the channels but it even does it if you record something.
It's one of those things that once you've heard it. You can't un-hear it.
It's connected with fibre to my Cyrus pre-amp.

There's loads of posts about it in the sky forum.

Caporegime
It cuts out for a second every 20- 30 seconds. Not on all the channels but it even does it if you record something.
It's one of those things that once you've heard it. You can't un-hear it.
It's connected with fibre to my Cyrus pre-amp.

There's loads of posts about it in the sky forum.
Is it possible to use HDMI into your amp?

Soldato
optical inputs can be susceptible to jitter (try a re-clocker?), so you'd need to isolate if it's the cyrus input or the sky box is having problems. ... even if it had worked with +HD

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Our flats can't do Q, only Sky HD boxes, the communal dish etc needs upgrading. Its a new build too, cheap ass developers. How do we go about upgrading to Q? Is it a case of just having enough interest from residents? Are we liable to pay or is it something Sky would do FOC?

Soldato
Hi all,

I had Sky Q installed yesterday and everything seems to be working fine but I'm a bit unsure about which Sky Q box I've been given!

My upgrade was supposed to include a 2TB main box and one mini box - I had no reason to think this wasn't the case until my wife tried to cast Youtube to our TV and in the list of devices to cast to it shows the mini box but also a "Sky Q 1 TB Box GW" and upon doing a bit of reading it looks as though the hardware version for mine (32B206) IS listed as being the 1TB box! :mad:

Is there any way to actually view the capacity of a given box?

Back
Top Bottom