1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Sky Q Thread ***

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Cosimo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MissChief

Capodecina

So I was told that it didn't work, or didn't work very well so they opted not to activate it and then haven't built it into the newer boxes.

2. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

UHD compatibility. Just a shame Atmos is only activated with UHD/Q Multiroom package :(

3. Vertigo1

Capodecina

Tick tock.

Have zero faith this will appear before the end of the month but would be happy to be proven wrong.

4. woppy101

Mobster

Doubt they will beat BT on price anyway, I have BT sport HD on sky for £6 per month

5. Vertigo1

Capodecina

Good deal but that's hardly standard pricing. They'll undoubtedly beat the standard price but I doubt it'll be by much, if they ever actually launch it at all.

6. MissChief

Capodecina

It will be launched. Staff have it already. I'm just unsure of when.

7. steve5424

Wise Guy

When I upgraded to a new Q deal last week I was offered BT sport's for £24 a month. Direct from Sky. I never took it as still too expensive IMO.

8. picnic

Wise Guy

Is that just for BT Sport or does it include other channels?

9. Vertigo1

Capodecina

If that's what the actual price ends up being then they're having a laugh.

I can get it through EE for half that. Hell, it's only £25 for a BT Sport Pass which has no contract commitment.

10. rodders

Wise Guy

Box hasn't crashed for 6 days now, seems odd after doing it about a dozen times.
    Guess I'll cancel the engineer?

11. steve5424

Wise Guy

Just BT. My package came to £83 a month. With BT offered by upgrades it was £107

12. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I’m quite impressed how well the voice search works on q. Thanks...

13. picnic

Wise Guy

Ouch !

14. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

We had a 2Tb Q box installed yesterday and bar the usual fun and games of getting my Logitech Harmony Ultimate to play nicely it's all gone well.

I forgot to note down my series links on my HD box before the Q box was installed. I was assuming the HD box would fire up and let me get into the menus but it seems not, it just sits there saying the box is initialising. Any idea if I can get around that?

15. Wardyp

Gangster

I might be wrong but I think it needs a satellite signal for the menus to work.

The LNB on the dish is different on Sky Q vs HD box

16. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

I'm sure I've been into the planner on the HD box when the dish was disconnected. It's not a big problem by any means just a bit of an inconvenience.

17. MissChief

Capodecina

If you were connected to the dish, disconnect it. If you weren’t, connect it.

18. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

I have only tried it with the dish disconnected. I’m heading away for a couple of weeks but will give it a go with the dish connected when I’m back. Thanks for the pointer.

19. Vertigo1

Capodecina

Well last year I heard January but that came and went.

You said you'd heard February but that's now gone too.

No confidence this will be released any time soon. Nice that Sky have it up and running for their staff but not paying customers.

EDIT: No, wait, I've just found a news article from a week or so ago suggesting it's available?! If this is so where was the announcement? Where's the email from Sky? I get shedloads of pointless spam from them but they can't email existing Sports subscribers about this?

20. Basher

Sgarrista

You can add it on the website for £25 a month. Doesn't seem like a great deal. Struggling to see why it has taken so long to get to market.