*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Be warned, it isn't a pause at all. They cancel your current deal, so if you are in a special package you can end up paying more even before you add it back at the end

If you are out of contract just cancel and see what they offer you for 12 months without the premium stuff.
Do you have a source for that? Can't find anything that confirms/denies it anywhere.

Soldato
Do you have a source for that? Can't find anything that confirms/denies it anywhere.

Plenty of confirmations on HUKD and my BIL who called to cancel was told he loses his package deal, so told them where to stick the whole lot, it's cost him £120+ i nearly termination but less than he loses due to the package changes. Once again Sky proving they are useless.

Soldato
Plenty of confirmations on HUKD and my BIL who called to cancel was told he loses his package deal, so told them where to stick the whole lot, it's cost him £120+ i nearly termination but less than he loses due to the package changes. Once again Sky proving they are useless.
Interestingly there’s no mention of it in the small print on the page where you can pause online.

Will now have to call to undo my pause. Sky frustrate me no end.

Soldato
You stated 'cancel' which is not the same as 'pausing' so his situation/experience might not apply to those choosing the 'pause' option.
You could still be right, I'll find out soon enough, I've been trying to do it online here:
https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/pause?irct=CHP-SportsPause
but just keep getting "...Technical Difficulties..." error in 4 different browsers.

Soldato
Hi all

got a 55” tv and I’ve always had the screen settings on the SkyQ box set to 2160p UHD and recently the screen goes blank and comes back again then blank again the comes back again, engineer said I should change it to a lower resolution unless I’m watching F1 or a UHD film but that it might be fixed by an software update, been fine for months/years prior, I don’t think this is the case and it has a HDMI extension lead so 2 cables connected then into the box itself, might be that?

Soldato
These Q boxes are really unreliable. Mine has three times now frozen the fan gone mad and needed unplugging to get it to work again. Luckily it was free otherwise tbh I would have cancelled. The separate box in the bedroom only works when it feels like it too and needs reconnecting to the main box every few days.

Soldato
Hi all

got a 55” tv and I’ve always had the screen settings on the SkyQ box set to 2160p UHD and recently the screen goes blank and comes back again then blank again the comes back again, engineer said I should change it to a lower resolution unless I’m watching F1 or a UHD film but that it might be fixed by an software update, been fine for months/years prior, I don’t think this is the case and it has a HDMI extension lead so 2 cables connected then into the box itself, might be that?

I used to get this on my pc when I first started using 4k and it was fixed by getting new hdmi cable.

Last edited:
Associate
I paused mine tonight , and you do not lose your discounts , my future bills show the discounts are still there .

Soldato
Folks, I got netflix with Sky the other day. Works ok, but when I add other users and start playing in their profile, I get a message "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy... Please turn off any of these services and try again.".

Not sure why this is happening, as I am not using such things, and besides, it works fine with my own account!

Any ideas?

Soldato
A question to which someone can hopefully provide a definitive answer:

When the Sky man came to install my 2tb Q box and minibox in my new house, he said the signal to the minibox wasn't great, so put in a booster, which is a big, white square box that we have no real place to put where it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I have a BT Wholehome system and the Sky man said I shouldn't use it, though he didn't have a convincing explanation why. Can I connect the minibox to one of the nodes on my BT wholehome or will it give me problems? The main Q box is connected to the BT router instead of the Wholehome.

Soldato
Personally, I couldn't get BT Wholehome to work with SkyQ. I had drop-outs continually so I went back to using the Booster.

My experience with BT Wholehome is that if a device connects to (say) Node 1 and a linked device connects to Node 2, they have no way of speaking to each other and you get no connection.

I've got a Naim Muso QB and whenever I try to stream music to it through the Wholehome, it doesn't work unless it's wired in via ethernet. I guessed maybe the Sky kit would do the same thing but didn't want to spend ages experimenting.

Back
Top Bottom