*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Just had an online chat with them about it.

They're claiming you can get both Sky Sports and BT Sport in HD as a bundle for £35. The full price for Sky Sports HD is £34 according to my bill but I'm discounted down to £18.

They said I could add BT Sport for £17 a month! So I'd be up to the full bundle price of £35 and wipe out most of my discount. I'd also have to commit for a further 18 months when my contract and discounts are ending in 6 months, meaning I'd be trapped paying full price for a further year with little negotiating leeway.

What a joke, told them where to shove it.

Soldato
Disney+ coming to Sky Q - that'll mean another little increase I expect.

Yeah it's a little vague as to whether this will be another optional subscription you can add, like Netflix, or simply added to the existing Sky service, likely with a price hike in the near future.

You'd think the former was the obvious choice but the key thing is how they mention the effect on Sky Cinema and that it'll enable them to retain a lot of content there which would otherwise have been removed/delayed.

Associate
Yeah it's a little vague as to whether this will be another optional subscription you can add, like Netflix, or simply added to the existing Sky service, likely with a price hike in the near future.

You'd think the former was the obvious choice but the key thing is how they mention the effect on Sky Cinema and that it'll enable them to retain a lot of content there which would otherwise have been removed/delayed.

I'd say initially it will be the £5.99 a month added to the existing service.

Associate
OK thanks.
I have Sky Q with the new Sky Hub and a Sky mini box.
The main box is connected via ethernet and the mini is wireless.
I'm looking to install a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR Access Point, however it looks like there may be issues with compatibility with the Sky mesh.
I've seen quite a few posts from a while back regarding this but I haven't seen any recent discussions.

Does anyone have any experience using this set up?
Basically will it work?

Thank you.

Dave

Associate
Just ask in here tbh.
OK thanks.
I'm looking to install a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR Access Point, however it looks like there may be issues with compatibility with the Sky mesh.
I've seen quite a few posts from a while back regarding this but I haven't seen any recent discussions.

Basically will it work?

Thank you.

Dave

Associate
They can't just add six quid to the price for everyone though, there'd be a riot.

Well it will be £5.99 a month if you subscribe separately which at present time, is the only way of using both services.

Now Sky could obviously do something to tie in with the Ultimate deal that they do, but at present, you'll be paying for your Sky sub, then your D+ one as well.

Soldato
OK thanks.

Basically will it work?

Thank you.

Dave
I have Ubiquiti UAP Pro at home. I just ran cable to all mini boxes and the main box and completely disabled the wireless on each device.

Back
Top Bottom