*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
Surely people can't be expecting to get an additional service like Disney+, with all that content available to it, for no additional charge...?

Soldato
Quick SkyQ remote question.
I currently have a standard Sky+HD box but as there appear to be some reasonable deals to be had may upgrading to SkyQ, I've just got a quick question about short-cuts on the remote.

On the old style remote there are a couple of shortcuts I use all the time and wondered if they are carried over to the skyQ style remote.

One is the shift left button jumps you back to the previous channel you were watching. Another is if you press backup from simply watching TV it jumps you to the program guide. Are they on the new remote or have they disappeared??

Soldato
Quick SkyQ remote question.
I currently have a standard Sky+HD box but as there appear to be some reasonable deals to be had may upgrading to SkyQ, I've just got a quick question about short-cuts on the remote.

On the old style remote there are a couple of shortcuts I use all the time and wondered if they are carried over to the skyQ style remote.

One is the shift left button jumps you back to the previous channel you were watching. Another is if you press backup from simply watching TV it jumps you to the program guide. Are they on the new remote or have they disappeared??

It's non comparable, the Q remote has a different feel and as the OS on the box is different interaction via the remote changes along with that.

Soldato
It's non comparable, the Q remote has a different feel and as the OS on the box is different interaction via the remote changes along with that.

Cheers, I realise it's a completely different beast, i just wondered whether it had it's own set of shortcuts that performed specific tasks. For example a single button press to jump into the EPG. Apparently the jump to previous channel is still there just implemented in a slightly different way.

"Go back to last viewed channel
Regretting changing channel? Press right on the scroll wheel to see the last channel you were watching and be given the option to go straight back."

Soldato
Cheers, I realise it's a completely different beast, i just wondered whether it had it's own set of shortcuts that performed specific tasks. For example a single button press to jump into the EPG. Apparently the jump to previous channel is still there just implemented in a slightly different way.

"Go back to last viewed channel
Regretting changing channel? Press right on the scroll wheel to see the last channel you were watching and be given the option to go straight back."

If I recall it does, but tbh the day I got Q the touch remote went in the drawer and about two years ago I got a harmony remote so I haven't used a sky remote in a while.

Soldato
Any recommended powerlines for my 2 x Sky Mini Q boxes, they keep losing connection to the main 2tb box so rather than running a cable round to our bedroom/annex I'm looking at this as an option?

Thanks

Soldato
Any recommended powerlines for my 2 x Sky Mini Q boxes, they keep losing connection to the main 2tb box so rather than running a cable round to our bedroom/annex I'm looking at this as an option?

Thanks

Well OCUK sell these so from them them. The best thing to do is find someone with a set and try them out first to make sure your ring is up to it.

Soldato
One qq do I put the master socket behind my main 2tb SkyQ box and the slaves connected to me SkyQ mini boxes? Or should I be connecting the main box to the SkyQ internet router, I think option 1 is the correct way but wanted to be 100% sure

Soldato
Since the PL and most sporting events are cancelled, do I get some money back for my Sky Sports subscription?

Sky are letting people "pause" their Sport subscriptions due to the lack of events.

I've heard you can only do it via the phone though and the queues are horrendous.

Soldato
You can do it online in a couple of clicks.

Be warned, it isn't a pause at all. They cancel your current deal, so if you are in a special package you can end up paying more even before you add it back at the end

If you are out of contract just cancel and see what they offer you for 12 months without the premium stuff.

Back
Top Bottom