*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
I think all existing customers should get a very healthy first box discount if they sign up to the UHD service.

I dont think they will just launch these and say £400 or you don't get one. That would be utterly stupid. They'll have some plan in mind to get a quick take up.

Soldato
There better be good offers for long time customers otherwise it's a no no.

The boxes will be made for peanuts like all their boxes have always been and sold at a massive profit.

Associate
Much more interested in the new Hub for broadband than the tv boxes. We just joined sky and have a communal dish with only one signal into the tv box anyway. But desperate for a new AC/dual band router.

I just hope it works with ADSL as well as fibre as we can’t get fibre in our flat! Oh and the price isn’t too steep of course!

Soldato
The features looks good but people, don't you pay enough for your Sky subscription already for a bunch of unnecessary channels, long adverts, repeats and you want to pay more?!?!?!?!? :eek:

On a side note, many of those features you can easily do yourself if you are willing to spend time setting it up and downloading software.

Man of Honour
How is it doing record 4 watch 1 from two LNB inputs? It can't assume your choice of 5 is only split across two bands/polarizations.
...it wont, it will download from internet in the background to the box

EDIT a pre req will be sky fibre to achieve this

Someone asked on twitter if Sky Broadband was required. Works with any broadband, but Sky Fibre was recommended... surprise that.

Caporegime
Someone asked on twitter if Sky Broadband was required. Works with any broadband, but Sky Fibre was recommended... surprise that.

The wireless hotspot capability along with the Powerline options only work with the Sky Hub Q, that's why they recommend Sky Fibre. Much like On Demand when it launched it may be limited to Sky Broadband initially.

Associate
It looks good, as a Virgin customer one of my biggest complaints is the recordings are downstairs and it is rare for me to watch tv. But if I have access to them remotely.

I did think this had not been done before as it may cannibalise second box sales.

Caporegime
No I didn't get in yet sadly. The trial was quite limited, at most a few dozen boxes. I'm hoping the trial starts to ramp up now and I certainly hope to get on it.

Nothing confirmed regarding 4k content as yet but the current rumour is in time for the Premier League kick off next August. I'm not even sure if it'll be a Movies channel and a Sports channel or what!

Back
Top Bottom