*** Sky Q Thread ***

V F

V F

Soldato
Associate
It has been confirmed that when Sky launches their 4K UHD channel/s that anyone who has a Sky Q Silver bundle will be able to watch it.

You will need a Sports pack to view any sports in 4K UHD. You will also need the Movies pack in order to watch any film in 4K UHD.

Otherwise there are no additional charges.

Associate
Simply put, if you want to watch Sky Q then you will need a Sky Q or Sky Q Silver box. Sky Q Minis connect to the central box. Without it they have no means to allow you to watch any content.

Soldato
It has been confirmed that when Sky launches their 4K UHD channel/s that anyone who has a Sky Q Silver bundle will be able to watch it.

You will need a Sports pack to view any sports in 4K UHD. You will also need the Movies pack in order to watch any film in 4K UHD.

Otherwise there are no additional charges.

The most important thing as far as i'm concerned is will all the 4k content actually be 4k, or will it be compressed as the current HD content is ?
Because if it is going to be compressed, i for one won't be moving to Q................in fact i will probably just ditch Sky altogether.

Associate
The most important thing as far as i'm concerned is will all the 4k content actually be 4k, or will it be compressed as the current HD content is ?
Because if it is going to be compressed, i for one won't be moving to Q................in fact i will probably just ditch Sky altogether.

It's previously been confirmed that the 4K content will be delivered at 60fps.

I would assume that they'll be using a 4K source, not a 2K or HD source, to provide the content.

Most of the film releases for several years now have all been made in 4K, so there is a lot of material from that side. As for Sport content, I would expect that to be in full 4K too.

Beyond that I really don't know what will or will not be made available in 4K. I guess that's down to the production teams.

Associate
Simply put, if you want to watch Sky Q then you will need a Sky Q or Sky Q Silver box. Sky Q Minis connect to the central box. Without it they have no means to allow you to watch any content.

Hmm i'll wonder if they'd work fine over a VPN. If it worked out cheaper by splitting the cost like that I might consider it but it would have to beat 60% off and £100 credit deal.

Man of Honour
I've currently got Sky+HD, if I go for the Q Silver will they need to run new cables to it or will they just utilise the existing ones from the dish and does the new box need a cabled connection to the router or is it wireless to that?

Associate
SO will Sky be supplying 4k over the internet or via Satellite?

As Mischief has correctly stated, the broadcasts will be via the Satellite.

It's not impossible for Sky to also keep items available through the CUTV and OD service.

However Sky has specifically stated that there isn't a minimum speed required like you would in order to stream content for BT Sport over the Internet.

I've currently got Sky+HD, if I go for the Q Silver will they need to run new cables to it or will they just utilise the existing ones from the dish and does the new box need a cabled connection to the router or is it wireless to that?

The only item which must be changed is the LNB since Sky Q requires one that is different to what we've previously been supplied.

Providing that your existing satellite cables and the dish are in good order, then there should be no further work required. The engineer may need to perform a small realignment of the dish though.

Back
Top Bottom