*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
I assume not many take out the Cinema package? and what I'd like to know is why the last two Avengers films are not airing on Sky Cinema. Every other superhero film is except those.
Something to do with Disney+ I'd imagine.

I took the cinema package as I got an even better discount on sports for taking it all.

V F

V F

Soldato
God, another thing to sign up to, to get something you're already paying for. I guess I may as well rent it from Amazon video.

Associate
Well, a week into my cancellation my ‘special’ offer arrived. Better than I thought actually and better than my previous deal so I’ve gone for it.

Package is for everything except kids (signature, sports, cinema, ultra hd, multi screen, Netflix)

Previous deal was £65 a month, which had since gone up to £96.

Have now agreed to an 18 month extension for the exact same package at £55 a month. Happy enough with that for now.

IMG-0560.jpg

Kj7RhYx

Kj7RhYx

Last edited:
Associate
Sky contract is up on the 30/1 and they are already showing new contract deals. I’ll get rid of sky if they don’t offer a very good deal, I just don’t use it that much and I can get Netflix free through my credit card. Interesting I upgraded to the new sky 500 broadband in September and it says a new 18th month contract but my account says that is ending as well in the 30/1 so I might be able to get a better deal in that which I didn’t expect.

Soldato
I’ve tried reading the last few pages of this thread. Im a sky customer (5 year vip apparently)
I’m paying too much. If I cancel then I can sign up again on a new deal? Myself, that is, not in a different name?
Also my sky q uhd box is starting to play up so I need a new one of those.

Caporegime
I’ve tried reading the last few pages of this thread. Im a sky customer (5 year vip apparently)
I’m paying too much. If I cancel then I can sign up again on a new deal? Myself, that is, not in a different name?
No, you’d need to be without sky for 12 months to be considered a new customer.

Associate
You should be able to get the same deals as a new customer but you have to play the cancel and wait for the retention offer game. The retention offers normally start arriving a few days after giving notice.

Associate
Hi all,

I see Sky has a set of black Friday deals up already for Sky Q. Does anyone know if these are likely to change between now and black Friday and it’s worth waiting?

Also, I think this is the case but hopefully someone can kindly confirm for me. Is Formula 1 available live and through catch-up on Sky GO? At the moment I have NOW TV so that I can watch Formula 1 either at home or on the go if I’m away.

Soldato
Hi all,

I see Sky has a set of black Friday deals up already for Sky Q. Does anyone know if these are likely to change between now and black Friday and it’s worth waiting?

Also, I think this is the case but hopefully someone can kindly confirm for me. Is Formula 1 available live and through catch-up on Sky GO? At the moment I have NOW TV so that I can watch Formula 1 either at home or on the go if I’m away.
If you have sky F1 as part of sports I'd imagine it would be available on Sky Go.

Back
Top Bottom