Sky Stream - Launches *NOW* (post #1 for pricing / page #5 for pics)

Soldato
Programs overrunning which weren’t recorded and Signal getting blocked by bad weather. They were the main ones for me.

Stream addresses both of those things.

No dish, no cables to run, no waiting for an engineer to turn up and bring your box. Stream box is tiny as well so can be hidden anywhere or stick behind the actual TV. Obviously does rely on broadband being up but touch wood I've never had broadband go down in 3 years now.

Soldato
OP
No dish, no cables to run, no waiting for an engineer to turn up and bring your box. Stream box is tiny as well so can be hidden anywhere or stick behind the actual TV. Obviously does rely on broadband being up but touch wood I've never had broadband go down in 3 years now.

it was the mini boxes for us, despite running CAT6 and/or boosters/powerlines the damn things would never work properly. Spent so much time/money on it we gave up in the end.

Soldato

it was the mini boxes for us, despite running CAT6 and/or boosters/powerlines the damn things would never work properly. Spent so much time/money on it we gave up in the end.
The above have covered all my issues with SkyQ - The main box has been fairly stable but the minis have been a royal pain in the backside, we did have a VM outage (I think, their website said no issues) which took everything down but weather now doesn't have an affect on viewing, no cables, Satellite is still there, not sure how I go about getting rid of that?

Not really missed Q recordings just use my playlist now, only real gripe is the in-laws next door say some channels don't have subtitles when they did have before?

Soldato
I've commited and moved over to Stream from Q, three pucks arriving on Monday, no deal just jumped on. Fed up of rebooting the Q mini boxes every night and constant drop outs even though they are wired. Oh well still got a cool of period so let's see how they go.

The streaming puck works with the logitech Harmony Elite and hub.

For anyone wanting to add it, search for manufacturer SKY and device STREAM it will add to harmony as a DVR (if upgrading from Sky Q as I did it will have a (1) after it)

The common issue is that the play/pause buttons don't work, to fix this you can add a new play pause button in the harmony mobile app however to properly fix the issue download the harmony app on your windows computer plug the remote in via USB and select the sky puck device in the app and choose fix non working button the sky remote will have to be put in IR mode first by holding buttons 4+6 for 5 seconds you can then reprogram the play pause button by firing the correct command in to the rear of the remote (all instructions are in the windows app) once all complete you can re pair the sky remote with the puck by holding 1+3 with the remote held about 50cms away from the puck.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to add it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky pucks arrived early, vast difference in PQ on my Oleds the blacks are inky black, there seems to be a lot less artifacts in the picture also, sky told me min 30Mbps per puck, I've seen bandwidth use of 50-60Mbps streaming UHD content. All connected via 5ghz WiFi (possibly WiFi 6 with a link rate of 1000Mbps+) and I've yet to see a drop out. Apps are a shoulder above the Q version pq wise and offer DV.

The integration with all apps in the main menu along with adding app programming to a personal watchlist is game changing.

So far over the moon with the switch.

Associate
Do these stream Atmos too? I've got a Sky Q 2Tb box and a mini that I'd like to get rid of to reduce power consumption, and we use the 2Tb box in our home cinema room with Atmos sound setup, so it would be a deal breaker if the pucks cant do Atmos.

Soldato
Do these stream Atmos too? I've got a Sky Q 2Tb box and a mini that I'd like to get rid of to reduce power consumption, and we use the 2Tb box in our home cinema room with Atmos sound setup, so it would be a deal breaker if the pucks cant do Atmos.

Yeah, it does Atmos just like Q. Also does Dolby Vision which Q doesn't do but that's only on your apps like Netflix etc.

Soldato
It does, however my AV receiver is yet to decode Atmos via pass through (the puck has that option) I haven't looked in to it yet, it could be a soundmode issue on my AVR. But my old Q box used to have no trouble with the Dennon AVR and Atmos.

Upstairs in the bedroom though my Samsung HK soundbar picks it up from the puck.

Soldato
Is there anyway to add your favourite channels do we know? Been looking and I know there are user profiles but can’t see favourite channels

Settings > Viewing Preferences > Manage Favourites.

Change them in here. Then your favourites appear to the right of the TV guide.

Back
Top Bottom