*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I have been Paying £44 a month for sky sports entertainment and sky sports
but it was becoming too much money to spend, so today after 10 years with Sky I have cancelled my account.

He offered me 25% off but that is still too expensive.

I was surprised that the man was not really that bothered and didn't do much to convince me to stay with them.

Any of you cancelled sky before?

Soldato
OP
so I might get a call again in a few weeks to make me change my mind!?

what kind of deal will they offer like 50% off?

for how long etc?

is 50 % off for 6 months better then 6 months free?

Soldato
OP
I cancelled my contract in June as the "No Signal being received" nightmare got too much for me. They came back with the 75% off for a year offer which I accepted but 3 sky boxes later I'm still getting the same error and due to credit notes being issued for loss of service i've not had to pay a penny for it as yet. Super frustrating.

Bad signal in Ealing? Surely unheard of though? Ealing is hardly in the middle of nowhere lol

Soldato
OP
Why do people wait for them to offer you a deal before quitting? Why not just ring up and say im going to cancel my sky if you dont give me 50% off for 6 months?

I got multiroom and hd half price jfor 6 months ust by asking

But surely 6 months free is better than 50% off for 6 months? Should they offer that

Soldato
OP
You should get either 50% or 75% off but you might need to wait awhile for the offer to come through.

I cancelled my Sky TV account about 6 weeks ago and I got a letter today offering 75% off for 12 months and £50 credit on my account. Works out at about £34 a month for Sky World HD + multiroom and because of the £50 credit the first month and a half are free.

When I phoned up to rejoin with the offer I mentioned that one of my Sky HD boxes was a bit slow (3 year old Amstrad) and I was offered a new HD box for free if I paid £15 delivery. Pretty good deal I think.

See THAT is the deal I really really want
I can afford to pay that much and you get so much with it
I do need multiroom as well.

so that took u 6 weeks and you got a letter by post
that took them a while!

Soldato
OP
Here's a radical suggestion. Pay the price for the services you want? For everyone that gets a discount there are others who are subsidising them. Sorry mr gas man, I'm not happy paying that price for your service. Mr TV licence? I want a half price deal.

Can't afford the price for the package you want? Don't get that package until you can.

Sky's level of churn is at its lowest level for about four years. They have no real incentive to offer deal after deal just to keep you. As for the guy who suggested why they couldn't offer six months free? I weep for the future should you ever run a business.

You sound like you are proud to work for Sky

Do you enjoy the FREE Sky HD as well?

Soldato
OP
I've got the full tv package for half price for a year through the F&F deal, which works out at £31.50 a month. Not sure whether I'll pay the full amount but I love my cricket and not sure I can put up with crappy streams

what is F and F?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies.

This thread highlights that some people are getting a very good discount, while others are paying full wack. I got a letter in the post saying ... "We are sorry to hear that you have canceled your Sky account"

Also they mentioned that I can still call them to change my mind - I will do no such thing!
We'll see if they get in touch with me :)

Soldato
OP
You jest but that is no mean feat! I tried to cancel a few years ago and I was literally on the phone for 1 1/2 hours and spoke to about 6 people. I ended up with what I wanted though which was a free +HD box and reinstall as I wanted the dish in a different place. Plan was to cancel after a year but never got around to it. Just waiting for the TV to pop then we'll cancel it as I'm considering life without a TV now as it just eats into our evening, plus my wife watches absolute junk

crikey my call lasted 20 minutes
he gave me some terrible discount (considering people on here quote 50% or 75% off)

There's more to life than the bloody TV, good on you mate!

Thanks and yes you are correct :)

Soldato
OP
Hmm, I'm currently paying about £70 a month for TV, Sports, BB, been with them just over a year.

I appreciate that this isn't a "how can I make my Sky cheaper" thread, but how can I make my Sky cheaper?

the trend is to call them, cancel the contract and then sit tight
they might call u again or not
not sure at this stage.

remember it takes 31 days to cancel
:)

Soldato
OP
Got call other day, I got offered 50% off of tv but nothing off of HD or line rental so it worked out the same as I was offered when I cancelled, Guy on phone told me to keep an eye on my email and post.

when did you cancel it?

NOTHING off of HD? Gosh that is terrible, as many people on this post have said they are getting HD for half price

Soldato
OP
That they are lol, it's well know sky offer deals like these to "win back" customers, I was offered a package that was £81 a month for £57. I'm watching less and less sky tv and only actually got sky for the F1. But I'm looking at getting my BB and phone with them so trying for the best deal I can get. Is that a problem for you?

problem for who?!:)

Soldato
OP
Gt the call
Offered me 50 percent off for 12 months on channels only

So sky sports sky enternatinment for 23 quid a month 12 months
No 5 quid discount for hd that will still be 10 quid a month

I said no so far but told him to call me back tomorrow
All i need is a five quid discount on sky hd and i be happy

Back
Top Bottom