SkyF1 vs Channel 4 coverage of F1

Associate
C4 have an awful host, that Welsh guy. He is irritating AF.
I think Steve Jones used to be really good and genuinely passionate about F1 in the early years of C4’s coverage, but now he’s dumbed down somewhat, a bit like what happened with the presentation side of ITV’s F1 coverage in the later years of their stint doing it.
I don’t think he’s presenting the show anything like as well as he can do at the moment.

Soldato
I think Steve Jones used to be really good and genuinely passionate about F1 in the early years of C4’s coverage, but now he’s dumbed down somewhat, a bit like what happened with the presentation side of ITV’s F1 coverage in the later years of their stint doing it.
I don’t think he’s presenting the show anything like as well as he can do at the moment.

I think he's always been irritating lol

A bit like how Dermot O'Leary has no personality, but he keeps appearing in things. It's like TV has no desent presenters left. I know the BBC's ones are all in prison, but...

Capodecina
Soldato
I agree that Steve Jones is as irritating as hell, he makes it obvious that he sees F1 as some sort of stand-up comedy opportunity.
As to the C4 broadcasts, I do think that having two ex-Red Bull drivers as co-presenters and Horner as a regular commentator has rather undermined their impartiality.

Caporegime
Nobody is forcing you to watch it. If you think it's boring, just don't even put it on. Why would you subject yourself to something you don't enjoy?
I watched the highlights. Didn't realise they did highlights when they were showing the full race.

Soldato
I agree that Steve Jones is as irritating as hell, he makes it obvious that he sees F1 as some sort of stand-up comedy opportunity.

I think Steve Jones is great and a very slick presenter. When you think how boring F1 can be at times, he puts the fun into it. And let's face it, why does F1 need to be so serious. It's just entertainment after all.

Associate
I like the C4 presentation tbh. The RedBull love can be a bit annoying sometimes, but that's not close to being annoying enough to make me shell out a load of money for Sky!

I wouldnt have Sky JUST for F1 but as Mrs insists she wants various channels it was worth keeping the Legacy SkyHD package that included F1 HD from years back... wouldnt pay "full price" for it.. Rather stream it via VPN

Back
Top Bottom