Skylake non k bclk overclock - questions

Permabanned
Could you let me know what basic settings you've got in your BIOS? Also what board, RAM and CPU cooler are you using?

I've got mine to 4.3Ghz at the moment, but last time I tried getting it to 4.5Ghz I had to reinstall the OS.

yes i also got 4.35Ghz stable anything over was very hard ever upto 4.46Ghz.

overclockers are cherry picking CPU's to sell at 4.4Ghz so i would also love to know what settign and also what batch CPU you have to blck clock to 4.7Gghz
the minimum we are looking at here is 174 x 27, my CPU would not post up at anything passed 160 and was only 100% stable at 154

Soldato

overclockers are cherry picking CPU's to sell at 4.4Ghz so i would also love to know what settign and also what batch CPU you have to blck clock to 4.7Gghz
the minimum we are looking at here is 174 x 27, my CPU would not post up at anything passed 160 and was only 100% stable at 154

High bclk is much more motherboard dependant IMO. As an AMD FX overclocker, I have had 302 MHz on one board, but no more than 250 MHz on another, using the same CPU (stock is 200).

Soldato

What board were you using and what volts did you push it upto?

I might have a go at pushing mine again later in the week when I've got time to see what I can get it upto.

Permabanned
What board were you using and what volts did you push it upto?

I might have a go at pushing mine again later in the week when I've got time to see what I can get it upto.

MSI z170a Gaming m7
ASrock z170 extream6

Max i did was 1.45V but no matter when volts i used it would not boot passed 1.46Ghz. Even when i dropped multi/ram down just to see me max BLCK i could not push passed 160.

Associate
if you got it within the last 14 days i would be sending it back buddy for a refund. when i ran my 6400 at stock speed its not good for gaming

I got a 6400 a few weeks back, so too late to return.

It's still on stock speeds and runs games fine :/

I have an MSI board, so hopefully can still OC in the short term, once i get a new CPU cooler.

Associate
I know I am digging up a old thread , BUT did anyone find the Windows 10 change the bios and stopped the BCLK clocking , I am going to attempt this by buying a chip programmer and a bios chip for my Z170 Asus gaming pro motherboard.........But if windows will flash it to the latest bios then hey whats the point in trying !!!

Soldato
I don't think they ever did. I think they treated to do it and manage to scare everyone off. :p the sky oc boost on my asrock pro4 board which I bought recently still works fine but on windows 7 still.

Associate
I know I am digging up a old thread , BUT did anyone find the Windows 10 change the bios and stopped the BCLK clocking , I am going to attempt this by buying a chip programmer and a bios chip for my Z170 Asus gaming pro motherboard.........But if windows will flash it to the latest bios then hey whats the point in trying !!!

Was a total crock of, I have been running windows 10 from the get go no forced update I have a I5 6500 clocked @ 4.8 so glad I never bothered forking out for any of the K processors.

Associate
My bclk overclock on my i5-6400 stopped working. Windows refuses to boot. It gets stuck at the windows logo. linux works fine though. Anyone has any ideas how to fix this

Back
Top Bottom