SkyrimVR the only game I play now.

Soldato
PLANCK is a very recent mod, so not got around to trying that yet! Trouble is with a 200+ modlist is that new mods can cause extreme breakage.

I installed all the mods myself in Skyrim VR using the Vortex mod manager. What a painstaking process that was!! I went back this week after 6 months, and updated all the mods etc. Game still plays but crashes to desktop every couple of minutes. So something has messed up, probably me, because I couldn't be bothered going through the description of every mod to figure out which one should be loaded before which other mod. I couldn't remember.

So, I have decided to restart. Have removed all the mods from Vortex and returned the game to vanilla. Now I am in the process of downloading Wabbajack and have picked the Ultimate VR essentials modlist. Hope this makes it easier to update and remove and add mods than doing it manually in Vortex.

Soldato
I'm using the Ultimate VR Essentials Modlist, but haven't updated it in a while. I did add a few new mods - a new clothing shop, and a lovely riverside home that's far better than the vanilla ones.
I plan to add PLANCK but last time I looked it was still in test.

Soldato
So after much time and solving of errors I have the Ultimate VR essentials for Skyrim VR installed and running.

MY 6900XT doesn't work too well though, because it's an AMD RDNA 2 card. Currently, you are limited to using H.264 and 100Mbs bitrate if you are using Steam VR with Virtual Desktop. (which was the cause of my problems discussed in the owners thread)

Still considering selling it and waiting for the 4000 series and moving back over to Nvidia.

Soldato
Tried using a link cable?

I haven't because I hate using the cable these days and I am not sure it will be much better as it uses the same H.264 codec on AMD cards as Airlink. At least back when I had my 6900XT first, Airlink and Link weren't much different, HEVC on Virtual desktop was much better.

Caporegime
Well I now have my SkyrimVR looking as good as it can possibly look (minor tweaks aside) on my Quest 2 and am limited by the headset clarity resolution and my GPU power. I am still using the Tahrovin modpack and have replaced the main texture packs it comes with with the entire Pfuscher series and then replaced all of the the other texture packs it comes with, with the 4k versions and sometimes higher for mountain textures (Granite Mountains) and dragons (16k dragon replacer). It looks gorgeous and I am running on OpenComposite which gives me notably better performance than SteamVR.

I am looking forward to the RTX4090 release to give me another 60% (or whatever) raw GPU performance for higher FPS and when I upgrade my VR headset to something juicy when the new generation are released.

MY 6900XT doesn't work too well though, because it's an AMD RDNA 2 card. Currently, you are limited to using H.264 and 100Mbs bitrate if you are using Steam VR with Virtual Desktop.
Wow that is terrible and I would immediately switch cards if faced with that crippling limitation to my VR. Is it the same when you are not using Virtual Desktop? Or OpenComposite?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Damn, dont actually have Skyrim VR :cry: but I definitely tried it on Quest 2.....:confused:

*edit, its only 10.99 on cd keys, bought. :p
Download Wabbajack (make a folder called C:\WABBAJACK in the root directory and put Wabbajack exe in there). Run wabbajack, select Skyrim VR from the drop down, choose and install the Tahrovin modlist, following the instructions on the readme https://github.com/iAmMe27/Tahrovin#installation

Enter a new world of OMG.

There's also a lot of tweaking you can do to your Quest 2, there's a guide on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/va3n64/skyrimvr_with_new_quest_2_has_just_gone_from_meh/

Take your time, read.

Permabanned
Download Wabbajack (make a folder called C:\WABBAJACK in the root directory and put Wabbajack exe in there). Run wabbajack, select Skyrim VR from the drop down, choose and install the Tahrovin modlist, following the instructions on the readme https://github.com/iAmMe27/Tahrovin#installation

Enter a new world of OMG.

There's also a lot of tweaking you can do to your Quest 2, there's a guide on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/va3n64/skyrimvr_with_new_quest_2_has_just_gone_from_meh/

Take your time, read.

Yeah seems like too many mods.....
First it started installing nobs and boobs, then half the files failed from that site. Then asking for millions of nexus mod files, have to click them all manually, some seemed to fail.

bad! :cry:

Caporegime
Yeah seems like too many mods.....
First it started installing nobs and boobs, then half the files failed from that site. Then asking for millions of nexus mod files, have to click them all manually, some seemed to fail.

bad! :cry:
Yeah the pack has NSFW elements and for a wabbajack modpack you need a nexus subscription. If you are not comfortable with any NSFW elements then at the very least try the FUS or Ultimate VR Essentials modpack.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah the pack has NSFW elements and for a wabbajack modpack you need a nexus subscription. If you are not comfortable with any NSFW elements then at the very least try the FUS or Ultimate VR Essentials modpack.

It finally finished, almost, some missing mods it couldnt find. Going to try the VR essentials instead as forgot to charge Quest 2 anyway. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom