Slow Horses

Associate
I agree. The way the team members all bitch at each other constantly is getting very tedious. They all seem to hate each other and yet somehow manage to solve everything thrown at them.

Its getting a bit stale and samey now were in the 3rd season.

Associate
I’m working my way through this at the moment and I’m really enjoying it. I’m up to episode 5 and as said, Gary Oldman is brilliant in it. He fits the spy role (TTSS) so perfectly.

A truly worthy succesor to the master - Alec Guiness.

Soldato
Associate
I like Jack Ryan, 24, Homeland style shows.

Is this for me or is it much too "slow" in comparison?

rp2000

Not really anything like those, its certainly not slow, more of a traditional twisty British spy thriller, but the dialogue / tone closer to something like The Thick of It.

Its worth a look just for Gary Oldman, if you dont like it after that, then fair enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not really anything like those, its certainly not slow, more of a traditional twisty British spy thriller, but the dialogue / tone closer to something like The Thick of It.

Its worth a look just for Gary Oldman, if you dont like it after that, then fair enough.
There's not a of things blowing up and car chases if that's what you mean.
I'm out. :p

rp2000

jcr

jcr

Associate
so i had the misfortune of being in the same room as the wench when she started to watch the new season.
i sat there and watched a 5 ft woman one punch a man in a bar and knock him out then a few minutes later one kick a locked door.
followed by Gary Oldman watch his team start to chase a man through London and somehow be at the end of the chase to greet them.
what a croc of excrement.

Associate
This is a marmite series. Most of my friends really like it. I couldn’t see the appeal with series 1. Boat Story was a league above in terms of originality. Maybe I should give series 2 a go.

Soldato
I stupidly started S3, not realising not all episodes had been released. I wanted to get it over as quickly as possible move onto something else. It's just more of the inane sameness.

Associate
I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, and frankly Gray Oldman is superb in his char, could watch Jackson lamb scenes all day. However I agree that by now it's lost it's anti-007 reality shock/edge, and it has got a bit samey. Also the "2nd desk" (can remember the name of the actress) has had a much reduced role this time, in favour of "1st desk" to it's detriment. Wonder if this is the last season ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom