Slow Horses

Soldato
Though this season was the weekest of the 3. Characters now becoming caracatures of themselves (if that is the right phrase). Far too stupid this season.
On top of that, the actions scenes in the last episode were awful.
Hopefully season 4 will be better.

Associate
I generally like it but that last episode was ridiculous.

A tiny female runs around like Rambo, beating up and killing all these large male soldiers. Then turns to her colleague and says 'Don't mansplain guns to me' Cringe.

Associate
I generally like it but that last episode was ridiculous.

A tiny female runs around like Rambo, beating up and killing all these large male soldiers. Then turns to her colleague and says 'Don't mansplain guns to me' Cringe.
Also: how many times can weapons jam in a single episode :confused:

Soldato
Just binged all 3 season over this week - thought it was excellent.

I appreciate the agents have ****** up in their careers, but it is unbelievable the incompetence and naivety of some of their actions. Also the over the top gun battle at the end of S3 was ridiculous, from MI5 and PMC's committing murder to the big black dude carrying and firing from the hip (and he's to meant have previous service) to the druggie girl taking on soldiers in unarmed combat.

Second Desk is very good and she should be even better in S4, glad First Desk has gone, i didn't like the actress.

I did not like how Lamb broke the truth to Standish, thought that was very callous - we knew the truth would come out, but the way he did it, in a garage forecourt just because he was pee'd off with her was not needed. But Lamb/Oldman is excellent in this.

Some actual heart stopping moments throughout, the Code September, Spider getting his head bashed etc and the opening scene of S1. From that opening scene of S1 i was hooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I really enjoyed it apart from the action scenes, it needs to slow down and go back to thinking other than easy to film action sequences.

Going to pick the books up and give them a read tbh, that's if my eyes work from Beat sabre addiction.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Just finished watching all 3 seasons over the last few days using 7 day Apple free trial, just to watch it.

From the first ep I was hooked, absolutely loved it, all 3 seasons, couldn't stop watching the next ep. Sure some silly shooting scenes etc but who cares, I watch TV shows for entertainment.

Lamb best character ever. Can't wait for season 4.

Man of Honour
The action scenes didn't do it many favours in terms of authenticity, etc. heh people holding guns weird, poor muzzle discipline when supposedly high trained, grenades which explode like RDX/plastic explosive, etc. etc.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I just love the interaction between Gary Oldman and Kirsten D, two great actors who make it look so easy. I can see the pair of them sitting in a bar getting righteously drunk

Back
Top Bottom