Slow Horses

Associate
I like Jack Ryan, 24, Homeland style shows.

Is this for me or is it much too "slow" in comparison?

rp2000
The big difference is that these stories are far more realistic. You would probably hate Smiley movies and books - mostly about waiting around.
Whilst I liked Jack Ryan series I did think that US infiltrating Kremlin by helicopter and killing the Russian president as bit ott.

Soldato
The big difference is that these stories are far more realistic. You would probably hate Smiley movies and books - mostly about waiting around.
Whilst I liked Jack Ryan series I did think that US infiltrating Kremlin by helicopter and killing the Russian president as bit ott.
Realistic? Oh come on eh. The original BBC TTSS and Smiley's People series was vastly superior to this!

Associate
Disapointed with this season, plotline was meh, the "siege" in the archive was unconvincing and laughable, and not enough Gary Oldman.

I think what this show could really do with is a "prequel" kind of season where we could see how Lamb ended up the the way he is, sadly the other characters barring Standish aren't interesting enough to uncover, plus they're all pretty newish.

I've enjoyed it, but the whole thing kind of falls apart when Lamb isn't on screen, the younger characters lack any depth and they don't convince as people who were ever in the Secret Services.

I understand it's meant to be lighearted and not TTSP or any Le Carre for that matter but even still, to pull off a "spy" drama it has to remain credible.

Last edited:
Soldato
S3 was ok nothing great and as above the combat was laughable with the amount of plot armour characters had, I do wonder if in the preview for s4 that it's a bait and switch for 'one of my team just died'

Associate
It's silly, but such fun to watch! One of those leave-your-realism-hat at the door and enjoy the ride. And I love the title song too! :D

Last edited:
Associate
First 2 seasons were better than 3 but its still a good watch. Gary Oldman simply steals the show every time he's on screen. I agree a pre-qual might be good showing Lamb, Standish, Cartwright's grandad and Kristin Scott-Thomas' character.

Soldato
Just found this and done seen season one. Very very enjoyable. Good cast. Makes me want to read the books.

Back
Top Bottom