Slow Horses

Good series, although i thought the previous series were slightly better in terms of story and characters. And i'm still not a fan of the Shirley and Marcus characters, the whole gambling coke storyline is far too played out.

Yes, too many ancillary characters really, not enough for them to do to be meaningful. Oh and more Lamb.

Good series, although i thought the previous series were slightly better in terms of story and characters. And i'm still not a fan of the Shirley and Marcus characters, the whole gambling coke storyline is far too played out.

Totally agree.

They could do with tweaking the characters because it's one thing to be flawed but balance with the character being somewhat useful if unorthodox. But it's another be both obnoxious and utterly useless. Because that's not entertaining to watch.

Still enjoying it, despite the flaws.

I'm also still a little gutted they got rid of the Min character too as he seem to be a proper bumbling type character that fitted in with being at Slough House.
Still a great series regardless, although it looks like it'll be summer next year until we get series 5.

Bumbles do not exist in Mi5 he was totally out of place for me at least.

I cant remember but do we know why the IT nerd was sent down, I think it was hinted but we don't know.

Enjoyed the finale, but weakest season for me so far. Did enjoy Hugo Weaving in the bar going full Agent Smith, expected him to open with "Mr Anderssssssson............."

Shirley and Marcus are ridiculous characters.

Not enough Second Desk and no where near enough Lamb.

Not bad, enjoyed the separate story lines all coming together.

I think it still suffers (same as Season 3) with a ridiculous large and public "dead body count" by the end which would have made international news for weeks on end (over a dozen dead in S3 and 7+ in this season) and couldn't possibly all be covered up as some were civilians or it was in public.

For me S1 and S2 seemed to end in a more "reasonable" way for a spy organisation, rather than the almost Rambo/Die Hard/Terminator-esque endings to S3 + S4 - its almost like someone decided to crank it up to 11 on the silly-o-meter but, as I've never read the books, I don't know how accurate these bloodbaths are to the books.

Enjoyed series four, it had some good moments but seems to have lost its edge compared to the previous series. Looking forward to what they conjour up for series five.

I mean, the book itself is very much based exclusively on the Cartwrights - not sure what people were expecting
99% of people have no expectations compared to the books as they haven't read them or even know of their existence.
If Lamb is nowhere near as prominent in the books, then that alone is justification to not slavishly follow the books, the entire appeal of this program is lamb and how well he is protrayed.

I do agree that some of the sideline characters are poor this season. Also didn't season 1 & 2 pretty much tie up their story by the end of the seaon. This splitting a storyline over 2 seasons is getting a bit too common, as is the reduction of episodes per seasons.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it, Hugo was brilliant, hope he is recurring menace over the coming seasons and this show just runs and runs.

Enjoyed series four, it had some good moments but seems to have lost its edge compared to the previous series. Looking forward to what they conjour up for series five.
It was really meh compared to the ones before it & you could spot the twist (if you can call it that) a mile off. Not enough screen time for Jackson Lamb either!

Back
Top Bottom