Slow Horses

Really enjoyed the start to the new season.

Lamb is such a creature but he makes me laugh so much. Would probably be really fun playing a character like him

Last edited:
Unexplained but the inference for me is that he is a political ladder climber and in with the right people.
Ken McCallum is the current Director General of MI5. Ken is an MI5 officer with more than 25 years of experience across the full spectrum of our organisation's national security and intelligence work.

DG/First Desk is a very experienced operative, not just a figurehead. Also Baltar was actively avoiding briefing at COBRA, so avoiding those in positions of power and influence, he just wanted to hide in his office. He also couldn't get the ear piece in during the flat operation and during both explosions he was immobile with shock.

Ah well, i'm sure it will unfold as the series progresses.

Last edited:
Having started to read the books, and just finishing Spook Street, based off the first episode Whelan is a bit more competent in the books, or that's the impression I got

Definitely feels like one of the harder books to get much humour out of

Ep 2 done. Starting to pick up now, lots of twists and turns.

Still can't get over Baltar being First Desk - someone that clueless, never been in the field etc, would never happen. S3 was good with the interaction between the 2 desks, as they were both experienced, knew how to play the game and were constantly stabbing each other in the backs :) This guy just does as his told and is easily manipulated - hopefully, this is building to something to happen to between them.

Really enjoyed the start to the new season.

Lamb is such a creature but he makes me laugh so much. Would probably be really fun playing a character like him

The portrayal of Lamb as a creature is so OTT, that it would not work without him being played by such an amazing actor.

Mmmmmm, S4 not as good as previous seasons. A bit too slow, not much happening and not enough Lamb.

Also, didn't realise Flyte was the new head of the dogs - she's a bit crap. Just clocked the bad guy is Agent Smith :)

Last edited:
So just finished catching up from Season 1 to the latest Season 4 episode - I fully enjoyed season 1 & 2, I liked most of Season 3 until the "silly" last episode as, with nearly 20 people dead and it being on the news, it'd be impossible to cover-up that level of death. Season 4 is off to a slow start which I'm fine with, although I don't like the new head Dog or First Desk as neither seem competent enough to actually be in their roles, or the two new faces amongst the slow horses who've had almost no time to do anything other than a single line about their history so far, but hopefully that'll change.

I mean, it's kind of the point with both; people who have come from external sources after Real Tigers and finding it's not as easy as they thought it would be.

My other half has now cottoned onto a few things - whilst it's generally stuck to the book this is probably the episoded that veered a little away; it's definitely the hardest one to inject much humour into

I mean, it's kind of the point with both; people who have come from external sources after Real Tigers and finding it's not as easy as they thought it would be.

My other half has now cottoned onto a few things - whilst it's generally stuck to the book this is probably the episoded that veered a little away; it's definitely the hardest one to inject much humour into

Are the books worth a read? I've enjoyed the show and usually the books are more engaging. Although it'd be interesting to see how Jackon is in the books as Oldman is perfect.

Are the books worth a read? I've enjoyed the show and usually the books are more engaging. Although it'd be interesting to see how Jackon is in the books as Oldman is perfect.
A resounding yes - I'm just about to start London Rules but if you enjoy the series then no reason why you wouldn't with the books. Would probably say they're even funnier.

Back
Top Bottom