Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Caporegime
Not a Fitbit. They're rubbish.

Samsung galaxy active 2 is what I currently have and it's been great. Does exactly what it should

Yeah even my 1 is fine, does what it needs to do.

My only gripe is you can't go for a run and listen to music, well you can but you'll destoy a full battery in about an hour and a half.

Which in fairness is decent, running GPS tracking, HR, bluetooth audio and other stuff it's got going on.

The active is also the best looking watch out currently, IMO. Espically if you don't want people to know you have a 'smart' watch. Oh and you could probably get one for about £100 now I'd guess?

Soldato
Does anyone know anything about the Asus Vivowatch SP release delay?

It was announced Sept 2019 and touted for Q4 2019 release, but since then no one has written anything about it.

Can't find any details on when it's supposed to be for sale.

Associate
Has anyone here upgraded from a Samsung galaxy watch 46mm lte to the galaxy watch active 2 lte?.
How do you find the active 2 battery and features ect ?
Is the ecg active ?
Does it have the inbuilt fall protection like the apple watch is that active also ?
My contract on my galaxy watch is due to be upgraded soon i was thinking of getting the active 2 stainless steel lte version.
Does anyone know if there is going to be a new samsung watch this year, i am wondering if it worth waiting until they release the note 9 to see if they release a new one. i heard there is a new one cumming with double the storage ect

Soldato
Does anyone have a Withings watch? In particular the Steel HR? I much prefer the look of these to other smart watches including my Huawei watch.

Associate
Does anyone have a Withings watch? In particular the Steel HR? I much prefer the look of these to other smart watches including my Huawei watch.

I am prety sure if you google no one woudl be buying anything of them now as they are running short of funds countless posts about them, i only found out as i was going to buy a smart scale i think its called. put me rite off tbh.

EDIT: I canot find the source i found the information about them now im sure it was a youtube video about one of there products .

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that, I have seen their customer service trust pilot reviews, doesn't look good. What a shame, was so close to pulling the trigger and getting one since it looks so good to me.

Associate
Well i bit the bullet i had a really good deal so my Samsung galaxy active 2 44mm lte stainless steel is arriving today, It has a slightly bigger screen, higher quality screen. better heart rate hardware. fall protection and ecg (when it gets enabled).Although the worrying part is the smaller battery lol. we will see anyhow.

Soldato
Any good hybrid watch recommendations? I was set on the Withings but perhaps not now, looking at their customer service reviews. I like the look of both the Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch or the Garmin Vivomove HR now.

Associate
Well my Samsung galaxy watch active 2 44mm lte ss arrived today, Here is some ramblings on how i feel thus far.

Packagaing
Dare i say it. The packaging seems like a apple product, a lot different to the galaxy watch 46mm.

Charging puck,wireless charging
Now this i love the charging puck is a lot better than the one from the galaxy watch although i must say the length of cable is way to short. And on a second note fianlly!! i can charge it on other devices heck i can even charge it on the back on my phone(S20 altra) if i needed to.

Screen
The difference in the screen going from the galaxy watch 46mm is amazing its stunning. the screen appears to be clearer and brighter and it seems a lot larger too.

Included watch band(Leather)
I have to say since the lte stainless steel is supposed to be a premium watch the leather band it comes with is horrible, thin and nasty infarct i would say i prefer the stock band the galaxy watch came with. it looks so cheap and nasty and even feels horrible on the wrist. such a shame the spigen metal band i had on my galaxy watch will not fit on it two different sizes. so i will have to buy another spigen metal band for it.

Look and feel
The look and feel of the watch i personally think it feels a lot better than the galaxy watch 46mm, even though this is personal and subjective, to me it feels like a round apple watch lol.
I have to say it feels nicer on the wrist than the galaxy watch and once i buy another steel watch band will feel even better. just a shame the leather band it comes with spoils it for me at least.

Missing bezel
Now this was one thing i was unsure about going from the moving bezel of my galaxy watch to a haptic feedback non moving one i was defo not looking forward to trying it.
Boy was i surprised it is actually very good dare i say more responsive than the moving galaxy bezel and the haptic feedback is nice. one thing still worries me though is the protection the physical bezel gave to the screen this does worry me.

Setting up
Like when i have a new mobile phone i always choose to set up like a new device. Both watches took about the same time to setup. bar one thing and one niggle bixby always take sages to set up and it also is not one app its several and just like the galaxy watch took around the same time. My Esim took longer to get initialised on the active 2 for some reason. this took around 40 mins on the active 2 whilst on my galaxy watch took only 5-10 mins.
Now for the nigly part...wifi why on earth is this day and age does it not during the setup process does it never ask you to set up the wifi up this is a pain in the rear end tbh.

Now to play the waiting game for the fall protection and ecg although its different for me as i am pretty late to this watch i know it has been delayed. but i knew this before buying the active 2.
Is it worth an upgrade fromt eh galaxy watch 46mm. well yes and no. It is a totally different look. it has some different hardware changes and it will be more future proof than the galaxy watch 46mm. should i have waited for the galaxy watch 2 or active 3? I do not think so i think this covid 19 will put back some things. and also for the price i had this watch it was a no brainer..
Anyhow it might help some might not help some others just my £2 worth

Back
Top Bottom