Smoking should be BANNED!

Soldato
So us non smokers have complained enough to get smoking banned from pubs etc but I am still not happy.

The law is that if you must smoke, do so outside or in allocated smoking areas.
Outside meaning outside, away from public buildings and entrance/exits to buildings. Even when it's raining. It's your own fault for having a disgusting habit. Don't like it? QUIT!

Time and time again i'm at the retail park shopping and have to walk past shop where people are stood right outside the door puffing away. It absolutley stinks.

Also when I'm at work with the window open, you filthy smokers stand right next to the building, smoke rises and gets sucked into the building stinking our office out.

If people can't follow the simple rules then smoking should be banned. Period!

Thanks for reading and I feel better for getting that off my chest :)

Soldato
OP
but then ppl walking by you while your driving dont have a choice to breath in the fumes do they ??? same thing imo

But i'm not driving on pavements or things where i'm not supposed to. I drive on the road, where I'm supposed to drive. My point of this thread is that smokers are smoking where they aren't allowed.

Smokers know where they are and aren't allowed to smoke. If not then they should be made aware.

Unfortunatly drinking and eating fatty foods does go on inpublic places. Point i'm trying to make is if everyones points of view were taken into consideration and acted on everything would be banned.

But I'm glad you got it off your chest.

The point I'm trying to make is that drinking alcohol and eating fatty foods does not give off crap that affects other people.

Soldato
OP
Have you ever thought of shutting the window. SHUT, yes, SHUT the bloody window.

There should be a law against office workers having windows open, all you want to do is inhale our cigarette smoke, buy your own cigarettes. ;)

I shouldn't have to close it when it's red hot in the office. I do close it though but once the smoke is in the building, then that's it.

Soldato
OP
You haven't stated a single occurance of this yet.
Your original post stated that smokers were smoking under a window, or outside near a doorway.. Can you point out exactly what part of that is illegal?

Ok i'm not sure if it is illegal stated by the government but it is stated by the terms and conditions in the rental agreement of the offices in our building.

In the contract it states that all smokers should be about 20 metres away from the building.

This was also inforce of my old place of work (B&Q) so I assume all other stores aswell.

There will be something about it somewhere.

Soldato
OP
I'm not a smokist but I dislike breathing in the smoke from a smokers smoke whilst he or she is smoking whilst walking down the street or standing AT THE ENTRANCE OF BUILDINGS.

I think a mass smokeflicker brigade should be formed, see anyone smoking in public you should flick it out of their mouths and then run away faffing your arms around whilst screaming "LOLOLOLOLeleventy"

That would be awesome.

And I would be at the front of the queue!

(with my keyboard)

Soldato
OP
I can't be bothered to read all the thread, but just going from the OP

Dude, get over yourself! I am an ex-smoker, i'm glad it was banned from pubs etc as it helped me give up, but why ban it from public all together?

If thats the case then ban drinking in public, ban mobile phones in public - hellwhy not ban talking in public as it annoys me!!

Some people really don't understand why I created this thread. Firstly it was because I was bored and this was on my mind so thought it would be a successful thread, which it is. 7 pages and people have had a topic of discussion!

Secondly, I really don't mind people smoking in public. I really don't.

The thing that I am bothered about is the fact that you smoke where your not supposed to. Next to doorways where EVERYONE walks through and also at my work, right below my open window, which states in the rental agreement that all smokers should do so AWAY from the building. You do it next to the building.

You can't follow these rules so you should be made aware of this. Possibly by a fine or ban smoking altogether.

Soldato
OP
You really wouldn't have liked my old work place...the owner of the company used to walk around with a fag on the go inside...all the time practically.

Then when the ban came in, he was kind enough to hang his arm out the window :p

But if it seriously states on your contract or whatever, to not smoke near the doorways or the building...then take it up at your next review / or tell your boss / superior.

Am doing.

We have security on the door so I have their number as soon as I have a wiff of smoke.

Had the window closed recently though as it's been cold so can't spoil their party :(

Soldato
OP
If I may make a suggestion, be a little more clear with what you are saying. You continually refer to the people who bother you as "you" therefore implying all people who smoke when that is quite obviously not the case.

Name your thread more appropriately, simply calling it "Smoking should be BANNED!" does not help your cause, maybe something like "Why isn't the smoking ban enforced?" would be better.

It wouldn't grab the same attention then :)

Soldato
OP
you might be right, but such an angered rant over something so small, us non smokers have won the war, smokers really can't smoke anywhere having a few outside a building does not bother me.

Ah, so you're just an attention seeker then?

Not really. Just wanted to create a discussion on a miserable Wednesday afternoon.

It worked. It gave you all something to do. :p

Back
Top Bottom