Smoking should be BANNED!

Man of Honour
I'm not a smokist but I dislike breathing in the smoke from a smokers smoke whilst he or she is smoking whilst walking down the street or standing AT THE ENTRANCE OF BUILDINGS.

I think a mass smokeflicker brigade should be formed, see anyone smoking in public you should flick it out of their mouths and then run away faffing your arms around whilst screaming "LOLOLOLOLeleventy"

Soldato
None of them things are affecting your health.

They are affecting my mental health, which seems to be all that smoking does for many here.
Ugh, it looks disgusting, even the thought of it, yuck yuck yuck.

Besides, what would happen if people stopped smoking and started living longer? It's bad times all round.
Leave it be, once the pubs were made smoke free it was good enough.

people who smoke should have their face removed as a preventative measure .

How much would the face removal operation cost?

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Tbh , i hardly ever go to the Pub! But if i go to town etc, whooo smoke! I think it should be ban , town centers (+outside).

But thats just my opinion

Also cant stand it when family's (mother or father) smoke in the house with kids or babies ofc there choice

Last edited:
Soldato
They are affecting my mental health, which seems to be all that smoking does for many here.
Ugh, it looks disgusting, even the thought of it, yuck yuck yuck.

Besides, what would happen if people stopped smoking and started living longer? It's bad times all round.
Leave it be, once the pubs were made smoke free it was good enough.

How much would the face removal operation cost?

I dont want a complete ban on smoking, just in public places.

Soldato
OP
I'm not a smokist but I dislike breathing in the smoke from a smokers smoke whilst he or she is smoking whilst walking down the street or standing AT THE ENTRANCE OF BUILDINGS.

I think a mass smokeflicker brigade should be formed, see anyone smoking in public you should flick it out of their mouths and then run away faffing your arms around whilst screaming "LOLOLOLOLeleventy"

That would be awesome.

And I would be at the front of the queue!

(with my keyboard)

Soldato

I'd love to see someone try that at my local...they wouldn't have arms to faf for long :D

Soldato
Don't really care if smoking is band or not. I'm an ex smoker, quite because I got bored one day and thought why not. I've got no distaste towards smokers, or smoking, doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is stuff being banned for stupid reasons, like Magic Mushrooms, which went from being completely legal, to being a class A substance for no apparent reason. I think, far from banning more substances, which people will be able to get a hold of anyway, lets legalise some stuff that's already been banned, certain drugs for example, that don't cause any long term effects worse than stuff that's currently legal. We'd be able to control the quality of the product, and we'd be able to make extra revenue from them in taxation.

Caporegime
Ban smoking indoors, and you are still not happy.

Some people enjoy, now just because you don't you want it banned.

I think, the same with everything if it is taking in proportion, then it is not acctually as bad as it comes accross.

I smoke between 4-6 a day and have quit numerous times. I havn't noticed any health difference between the two.

I do agree that it is horrible, smells and affects your health. But its called choice.

Soldato
Don't really care if smoking is band or not. I'm an ex smoker, quite because I got bored one day and thought why not. I've got no distaste towards smokers, or smoking, doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is stuff being banned for stupid reasons, like Magic Mushrooms, which went from being completely legal, to being a class A substance for no apparent reason. I think, far from banning more substances, which people will be able to get a hold of anyway, lets legalise some stuff that's already been banned, certain drugs for example, that don't cause any long term effects worse than stuff that's currently legal. We'd be able to control the quality of the product, and we'd be able to make extra revenue from them in taxation.

I think all those drugs have affected your ability to spell.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Smoking brings in about 9 billion a year in taxes and costs about 3 billion in smoking related illness. Take into account that im pretty sure that some of the people counted in the smoking related illness' group would have got ill without being smokers and you will see why they havnt banned smoking and I doubt they will.

Personally I get more offended by drunk idiots on the weekend, chavs, car fumes and people constantly shoving global warming and carbon footprint information down our throats.

They tax smoking massively because it costs a lot for the NHS but there is very little else apart from alcohol that is taxed for that reason. Fatties should get taxed more than the average person on high fat foods. Aircrafts should give each person a passenger allowance that encompasses themselves and their luggage. Thus if you are too fat you cannot take anything on holiday with you, thus you might slim down or pay a massive tax.

Associate
Holier than though, pretentious, self absorbed w@nkers angers up my blood. Possibly leading to health issues :p

And to the guy who asks people not to smoke near him?
You must be a riot of fun.

My thoughts as well, must be so much fun to be around, "Can you take 10 steps back when smoking around me", lol

And as for the OP -If all you have to complain about is when people smoke outside your office window, then you need to get a grip, or get your office to buy Aircon so you can have all the fresh air you like, then you can move on and think about something else in life, the stress your causing yourself about smelling smoke is raising your blood preassure and is lightly to kill you !!

Caporegime
Smoking brings in about 9 billion a year in taxes and costs about 3 billion in smoking related illness. Take into account that im pretty sure that some of the people counted in the smoking related illness' group would have got ill without being smokers and you will see why they havnt banned smoking and I doubt they will.

Personally I get more offended by drunk idiots on the weekend, chavs, car fumes and people constantly shoving global warming and carbon footprint information down our throats.

They tax smoking massively because it costs a lot for the NHS but there is very little else apart from alcohol that is taxed for that reason. Fatties should get taxed more than the average person on high fat foods. Aircrafts should give each person a passenger allowance that encompasses themselves and their luggage. Thus if you are too fat you cannot take anything on holiday with you, thus you might slim down or pay a massive tax.

Agree fully.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Too many people seem to live in an idealistic bubble where the problem is merely a simple solution away. Most things related to government policy involves money. The country already has huge cashflow problems with regards to the NHS, pensions, benefits and the economy at large.

If anything we should be encouraging smokers. Six billion worth of extra funding for the NHS should by all acounts be a massive boost and yet the NHS is simply a black hole. We have too many people taking from the system and not enough contributing. At least smoking is a tax that hits all classes and beneifts the country.

Means we can actually take back a little of the money that is paid out to jobless lazy slobs ;)

Back
Top Bottom