SNES Mini Classic

Associate
I don't waste my time with Nintendo or consoles in general. But, aren't you better off buying this:

61qvUirPzGL._SL1027_.jpg

Along with this:

iu

...for your PC and save yourself £45/50 in the process.

Associate
I have one on pre order for a friend who no longer wants it due to buying a Switch.

I will confirm again if he wants it but if not I was planning on cancelling it. Would be willing to put it up here for cost + pnp.

Soldato
More NES minis announced
So, good or bad news for the scalpers?
I'm hoping to finally get my hands on one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-12-nintendo-announces-nes-mini-is-back-in-production
Nintendo are such a ****-witted company. The amount of BS they pull is unbelievable. I don't know why anyone even bothers with them.
I don't know. I'm quite happy for the NES re-run as it may mean I can get hold of one. If the side-effect of this activity also bamboozles "scalpers" isn't that a good thing?

Associate
"Reggie Fils-Aime Says Don't Buy a SNES Classic Mini from Scalpers"

Fils-Aime told the Financial Times (paywall) that, this time around, Nintendo has "dramatically increased" production, and that the early constraints on pre-orders were "outside our control." He went on to say that people who want one shouldn't be tempted to pay over the odds.

"I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites . . . You shouldn't [have to] pay more than $79.99 [£60.55]."

So never fear, when you don't get one it's not Nintendo's fault! ¬.¬

Associate
I don't know. I'm quite happy for the NES re-run as it may mean I can get hold of one. If the side-effect of this activity also bamboozles "scalpers" isn't that a good thing?

It's good for consumers that wanted one, but it really should'n't have been an issue in the first place. Personally, i'd rather put my money in the bin than give it to a company like Nintendo.

Associate
Personally, i'd rather put my money in the bin than give it to a company like Nintendo.

Why? Nintendo practically kickstarted videogaming back into life following the Atari crash in the 80's, and whilst they have a very dogmatic approach they don't eat children or anything.

Associate
@NintendoUK: We’re happy to confirm that we’ll continue to ship stock of #SNESmini to Europe in 2018.

@NintendoUK: We’ll also bring the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES back to Europe next summer. More info will be shared in the future

Associate
Why? Nintendo practically kickstarted videogaming back into life following the Atari crash in the 80's, and whilst they have a very dogmatic approach they don't eat children or anything.

Let's see:

00. Our way or the highway attitude towards developers. It's no wonder 3rd party software has been an issue for years for them.
01. They have an absolute contempt for every region outside the US/JPN.
02. Price fixing in EU.
03. Their anti-consumer practices i.e Region locking most of their systems. (who regions locks a handheld (3DS)? Completely defeats the purpose of it).
04. Amiibos: Physical DLC. or plastic tat as i prefer to call them.
05. Selling inferior games to regions outside US/JPN for years i.e 50Hz games. No optimisation. This ties in with point 1.
06 Their activity towards their fanbase is inexcusable. For example: Suing them for holding a Pokemon party or taking down fan created projects, etc.
07. Creating artificial scarcity for their products.
08. Their Youtube policy of taking a cut of every video fans create (see point 6). No one else does this.
09. No proper account system for their hardware throughout the 7th/8th generation. Everyone else had one.
10. Their games continue to sell at RRP even after years of release.
11. Their general incompetence for everything inbetween i.e No power adaptor bundled with the 3DS XL, the cable length of the NES Mini controllers, plus their greed for generally overpricing their hardware and peripherals. The Switch launch is a good example.

reggie-fils-aime-2.jpg

I could go on all day, but i think you get the point.

Last edited:
Soldato
@NintendoUK: We’re happy to confirm that we’ll continue to ship stock of #SNESmini to Europe in 2018.

@NintendoUK: We’ll also bring the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES back to Europe next summer. More info will be shared in the future

So they finally decided to listen their customers but we see if they actually pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom