SNES Mini Classic

Associate
Without any nostalgic rose tinted specs the prospect of an N64 without Rare's input (maybe even with) holds very little appeal to me. Whilst the 2D games on the SNES hold up well (it's notable that the games that are least impressive/fun are the Starfox games) the N64 titles which we generally remember fondly have been far surpassed by more modern titles and I would imagine going back to them would feel old and clunky as a first time experience of the system. A first foray into 3D isn't particularly appealing.

Caporegime
Yeah - N64 games tend to look and run like arse these days. At the time the best games around, but not today.

I got Rare Replay last year and had no problem with the N64 titles. I played Banjo Kazooie from start to finish. Camera was a little dodgy but played smooth.

Games like ocarina of time, blast corps, diddy kong, lylatt wars etc will still be playable.

Soldato
I got Rare Replay last year and had no problem with the N64 titles. I played Banjo Kazooie from start to finish. Camera was a little dodgy but played smooth.

Games like ocarina of time, blast corps, diddy kong, lylatt wars etc will still be playable.

They've been upgraded for Rare Replay. Banjo looked ok to me too.

Soldato
I do find that the SNES and NES games are more timeless than the N64 ones just from the fact they're 2D/sprite-based. Old naff 3D is more jarring.

Completely agree that gameplay overrides graphics, but I remember trying Goldeneye a few years ago, and it was just a bit painful. Loved that game 'back in the day' though. :)

Soldato
I am willing to sell my spare unit for the same as RRP, but is a shame on OCUK I have no access to the buyers/sellers section.

Highest offer I have got on ebay is a paltry £45, I got no idea how people on there are managing to get the prices they get, I think ebay favour certian sellers in listings or something.

Soldato
I am willing to sell my spare unit for the same as RRP, but is a shame on OCUK I have no access to the buyers/sellers section.

Highest offer I have got on ebay is a paltry £45, I got no idea how people on there are managing to get the prices they get, I think ebay favour certian sellers in listings or something.

Tried to scalp and failed, aww poor you.

Soldato

You can get £70 cash at CeX

Caporegime

The problem you have now is they are easily available so why should someone buy from you sold as seen when they can get one brand new with warranty.

Soldato

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

Back
Top Bottom