Snooker World Championship 2017

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
A 3rd title in 4 years for Selby. Has to be considered one of the greats now.

Fair Play to Selby he deserved it but call it what you like, luck or the other guy just not handling the pressure as well. He took it his chances and won. Was the same in the Ding match. Just very uncharacterstic both Higgins making only 19 out of amongst the ball in an open table and Ding missing a straight forward blue for Selby too clear up at crucial stages.

The one thing for me is the negative play, deliberately slowing the game down or making it scrappy that grates me. Suppose he is doing it to win and not for anything else.

Soldato
Because he's boring as all ****? (and ironically has the nickname the jester) He intentionally makes frames go awkward if things aren't going his way just to make them long drawn out affairs, when Ebdon slowed his play down he was accused of gamesmanship but not this wibbly wobbly wonder, he's been involved in literally dozens of re-rack situations as a result of his incredibly negative style of play.

Well he came back from 4-10 down to win it. I can't argue with that. Yes, it is tough to watch at times but he does what needs to be done to win.

I'd probably do the same (win at all costs) if I had the chance to earn millions whilst hitting balls with a stick :)

Perhaps the other players just need to be better!

Caporegime
Don't have a problem with Selby. He might not be as free flowing as other players but he's a solid break builder with a world class safety game. He really isn't that much different to Hendry tbh.

Caporegime
Because he's boring as all ****? (and ironically has the nickname the jester) He intentionally makes frames go awkward if things aren't going his way just to make them long drawn out affairs, when Ebdon slowed his play down he was accused of gamesmanship but not this wibbly wobbly wonder, he's been involved in literally dozens of re-rack situations as a result of his incredibly negative style of play.
I don't disagree, but blame the 'sport' and its rules, not Selby, who is simply going about his business professionally. It's not his duty to make it exciting; it's his duty to try and win.

Back
Top Bottom