Snow White 2024

Dons, please merge this with an existing Snow White 2024 thread as I could have sworn one already exists but the forum search either isn't coming up with it or (more likely!) I'm doing it wrong.

Firstly, I want to debunk an urban myth from this week about the Snow White actress (Rachel Zegler) either stepping down or being kicked from the cast. Snopes.com is a myth-buster site that confirms if a story is true or a hoax. The Snow White Rachel Zegler myth is confirmed a hoax.

Secondly, I'm quite looking forward to this. I'm hoping for a balance between the original storyline (evil queen, poisoned apple, true love's kiss etc) and giving it a modern touch. After all, the lady being portrayed as the housekeeper is a tad dated now. Then on the love story / prince charming side of things, I think Tangled got it just about right with both Rapunzel and Flynn being strong characters, and that was like only just over 10 years ago. I hope Disney can pull it off again with this remake. Will be interesting to see what they do with the dwarves (or the titular 'dwarfs') as well.

Disney remakes are turning into a farce unfortunately. Kinda shocking to think that Aladdin was the last one that actually had some perceivable effort put into its production.

Their not even connecting with kids anymore (my 7 year turned the new mermaid film off within 15 minutes).

Still they make bank I guess (somehow).

Kinda shocking to think that Aladdin was the last one that actually had some perceivable effort put into its production.

I've not seen many of the live action films but out of the ones I've seen Aladdin was fantastic, didn't like The Lion King half as much as the original film and Jungle Book was awful (TJB is probably my favourite Disney film). Just realised I've only seen 3 live actions films so my opinion doesn't count for too much!

Never really cared for Snow White, or a majority of the 'Disney Princess' films, so it's unlikely I'll watch this one either.

I'd be on board with a live action Pocahontas film though. Not ashamed to admit it has some of my favourite songs. Savages, Colours of the Wind and Just around the Riverbend. That, if done well, would be great.

'Dead internet theory' eh? I'm not a bot or employed by Disney. In fact, I'm not even such much of a Disney fan now as I think the organisation has become too big. I want them to let go of Marvel / Star Wars and go back 10 years to their Tangled/Frozen era, a time when they were doing really well.

Agreed that their live actions are hit and miss. I liked Alice in Wonderland (2010), Cinderella, Maleficent, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

I was only starting a conversation on Disney's next live action remake as there have been a few remake threads in the Box Office section, and how it can balance the original story with more modern values. I don't see how Song of the South is relevant.

I shudder at the thought of live action Lilo & Stitch, anyone familiar with it & my username will understand why :)
I'm sure the rock will make sure its excellent, he's pushing his hawaii thing a lot recently, bound to be up next after the live action moana :p

Last edited:
I'm sure the rock will make sure its excellent, he's pushing his hawaii thing a lot recently, bound to be up next after the live action moana :p
I've joked with my wife for a few years now that he'll ruin any Lilo & Stitch live action attempt - they have announced it sadly, not sure if he's attached...yet!

My absolutely favourite Disney movie though, flies under the radar amongst the bigger movies and criminally underrated. There are no sequels or series, they don't exist.

I've joked with my wife for a few years now that he'll ruin any Lilo & Stitch live action attempt - they have announced it sadly, not sure if he's attached...yet!

My absolutely favourite Disney movie though, flies under the radar amongst the bigger movies and criminally underrated. There are no sequels or series, they don't exist.
- that bad you've blanked it from your mind??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom