So a 6 tonne stone was transported from Scotland to Stonehenge 5,000 years ago

Huh is YOutube watching the forums... This just popped up on my feed lol:

One common theme that keeps popping up is how acoustically sensitive they are, like take Stonehenge as an example, recently researchers discovered that being in the middle of Stone Henge perfectly isolates the listener from inside to outside of the circle structure thanks to the exact layout of the stones - So the structure most likely was used for some spiritual duty which revolved around the properties of sound and vibration. I will try to find the news site that wrote about it as it was a few months ago.

i thought that line of belief wasn't widely supported anymore and it was more likely they were storage jars for important documents?
It's still debated to this day but neither side of the debate can present compelling evidence so it could be, it could not be. All that's known is basically along the lines of this:

Its origin and purpose remain unclear.[2] Wilhelm König was an assistant at the Iraq Museum in the 1930s. He had observed a number of very fine silver objects from ancient Iraq, plated with very thin layers of gold, and speculated that they were electroplated. In 1938 he authored a paper[10][11] offering the hypothesis that they may have formed a galvanic cell, perhaps used for electroplating gold onto silver objects.[2] This interpretation is rejected by archeologists and scientists.[12]

Corrosion of the metal and tests both indicate that an acidic agent such as wine or vinegar was present in the jar.[2] This led to speculation that the liquid was used as an acidic electrolyte solution to generate an electric current from the difference between the electrode potentials of the copper and iron electrodes.[3]

Last edited:
I wonder if they put it on a boat or manhandled it over land.
I’d imagine it could have been a combination of both.

Also we shouldn’t rule out the possibility that a large stone from Scotland might have ended up being deposited naturally in the vicinity of Stonehenge due to being carried by the glaciers over many thousands of years which when melted left these large stones behind.

That would be an easy theory to prove, just find more stones as it is unlikely only one such stone was naturally drifted by melting ice, there would be more deposits. The scientists would have done the due diligence to check on this no doubt before going public.

That would be an easy theory to prove, just find more stones as it is unlikely only one such stone was naturally drifted by melting ice, there would be more deposits. The scientists would have done the due diligence to check on this no doubt before going public.

They previously said it came from somewhere else. Assuming they did the due diligence on that too?

It was previously said it came from Wales as other rocks forming the structure came from there so naturally a sound conclusion to make, much closer than Scotland, if it drifted down from Scotland, then there would be more rocks of the same makeup nearby.

As the article in OP states:

More recently, scientists have determined that the site's upright sandstones came from relatively nearby Marlborough, while the bluestones arrayed near its centre came from Wales.

But the origin of the Altar Stone, a unique six-tonne slab laying on its side at the heart of the circle, remained elusive.

It was long thought to have also come from Wales, but tests along those lines always "drew a blank," said Richard Bevins, a professor from Aberystwyth University, mid-Wales, and co-author of a new study.

This prompted a team of British and Australian researchers to broaden their horizons -- and in turn discover something "quite sensational", he told AFP.

So it sounds like they've done the due diligence already.

Last edited:
Without the maintenance like which stonehenge obviously had any other large stones could have ended up buried overtime or been broken up and used as building materials and wouldn’t still be laying around on the surface.

I clicked on this thread to read what peoples thoughts were on this new discovery only to read the same space-cadet comments I end up trying to avoid when facebook pops up another "Ancient Mysteries" page where people presume that because our ancestors did some really cool things a long time ago that we don't 100% understand, it's must have been aliens or ancient lost civilizations who possessed technology that we just don't understand. Meanwhile, in 2022 (despite not knowing how to neatly carve a few rocks) we fired a fridge 6.8 million miles into space and managed to crash it into a lump of rock only 160 metres across at 4.1 miles per second. stick that up your pipe and smoke it aliens.

btw, google NASA DART , it's hysterical!

Rabbit hole update,, I saw a documentary about this site years ago so was curious to see the imagery and the narration that for once goes with it as well. 40ton+ granite rock and look at those sharp cuts and how they slot in. Pre-flood engineering? Would make sense....

And no I do not think any of these were built by aliens lol.

I clicked on this thread to read what peoples thoughts were on this new discovery only to read the same space-cadet comments I end up trying to avoid when facebook pops up another "Ancient Mysteries" page where people presume that because our ancestors did some really cool things a long time ago that we don't 100% understand, it's must have been aliens or ancient lost civilizations who possessed technology that we just don't understand. Meanwhile, in 2022 (despite not knowing how to neatly carve a few rocks) we fired a fridge 6.8 million miles into space and managed to crash it into a lump of rock only 160 metres across at 4.1 miles per second. stick that up your pipe and smoke it aliens.

btw, google NASA DART , it's hysterical!

I don't know who this guy is but hell yeah @dEd, bloody oath lmao

I’d imagine it could have been a combination of both.

Also we shouldn’t rule out the possibility that a large stone from Scotland might have ended up being deposited naturally in the vicinity of Stonehenge due to being carried by the glaciers over many thousands of years which when melted left these large stones behind.

This

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom