So a 6 tonne stone was transported from Scotland to Stonehenge 5,000 years ago

I'm no expert, but I always thought the glaciers travelled North and not South during the ice ages.
Excellent point, a quick google suggest glaciation didn't get much further south than North Yorkshire and Wales. Both regions having lost their limestone cap to glaciation hence why they get soft water and southern England with it's limestone gets very hard water.

Sea and River + canal = Stonehenge.

Same as Egypt and other voodoo magic giant structures.
This will certainly explain some,. but not all. Remember that many megalithic structures are high up in mountaintops, areas that have not been near or under water for hundreds of thousands if not millions of years. Canals cannot explain how the massive 40 ton slabs were hoisted up there.

The timeline of organised civilisation within history is seriously messed up and a massive chunk pre younger dryas period which saw rapid climate change for both hemispheres of the planet (< 10-12,000 years) is basically missing with the only remnants of information being what ancient cultures and religions talked about in their texts and modern humans have managed to piece together drips and drabs in later timelines.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how humans moved stones like this.

IMG-1112.jpg

It's fairly obvious to me this. When they chiselled it out of that scotch mountain they chiselled it out as a giant ball and simply rolled it to Stone Henge, which at that time was known locally as Henge, and then they probably sat round the fire that night and went "You know what lads, I know when we started this is was going to be a big circle of balls, but I'm thinking like blocks now? What you reckon?" And so they chiselled it in to blocks on site.

Makes you wonder how humans moved stones like this.

IMG-1112.jpg

The Stone of the Pregnant Woman!

I've watched many documentaries about this over the years.

Some detail as it's been widely studied:
Arguably, the largest cut-stone in the World.

The stone of the South

The stone of the South

The stone of the South—Hadjar el Gouble, The Stone of the Pregnant Woman—Hadjar el Hibla

Dimensions – There are several varying sources regarding the dimensions of this stone. As such, they have all been compiled in the following:

69 ft long, 16 ft wide and 10 ft high = 11040 ft³ or 20.9m x 4.8m x 3m = 300 m³.

Estimated weight – 1,500 (1) – 2,000 Tons.

The same is true of the three foundation blocks ‘The Trilithon‘, in the nearby Baalbek temple, which have the following dimensions: The largest is 65 feet in length, the second 64 ft 10 inches; and the third 63ft 2 inches. They are all 14 ft and 6 inches in height, and 12 feet in thickness. Each block is therefore 350 cubic yards and they are estimated to weigh 750 – 1,000 tons each (1).

How was the stone moved – The ancient manipulation of such large stones is still a largely debated phenomena. Common to other similar ancient construction feats, there are no records to testify the means or date of this extraordinary achievement. However, the similarity to other extremely early middle-eastern masonry achievements, such as those seen at Giza or Abydos, in Egypt and the foundations of the ‘Temple of the mount’ in Jerusalem, have not gone un-noticed. Likewise, there appears to be a connection in the type of stone used, which was invariably quartzite (Red granite in the case of Baalbek).

In the past such achievements were accredited to ‘The hand of God’, ‘Giants’ and more recently ‘Alien life’. However, we must be careful not to lose ourselves in disbelief. There is no doubt that these stones were moved, and as with most such unexplainable events, there is likely to be a rational answer if we look for it. For example, the Colossi of Memnon, in Egypt are both estimated to weigh 1000 tons each, and their movement is clearly depicted in hieroglyphs.

Why was the stone moved – Just as important as understanding how they were moved, is the question of why such immense stones were moved. (Any increase in advantage gained by using large stones is balanced against the increased difficulties of moving them). In Egypt, for example, we can see numerous 85-ton stones that were moved over 500 km to their resting places in and around the great pyramid.

The foundation stones for the Ba’albek temple were moved uphill to their resting place.

The proximity of the quarry to the temple is close enough that it could be argued that the stones did not need to be moved, at least in terms of laying a foundation, as it would have been more effective to build the temple directly into the bedrock. This raises the question, why bother at all?

While large stones are clearly structurally advantageous to a temple foundation, the extra-ordinary size of these suggest that another factor may have been involved in this choice of design.

The idea that the temple was solar reasonably justifies the moving of the stones uphill, as placing the temple on top of the hill enabled it to capture the rays of the sun at the appropriate times of the year (the equinoxes). The choice of such large stones however, as with many ancient structures, might be better explained through the idea of a form of worship of the stone itself.

For me the coolest is the Osireion by the pyramids. Previously believed to be a mystery as it seemingly didn't follow architecture of surface level monuments, but in more modern deep dives better evidence and sound theories have come to light:

It's fairly obvious to me this. When they chiselled it out of that scotch mountain they chiselled it out as a giant ball and simply rolled it to Stone Henge, which at that time was known locally as Henge, and then they probably sat round the fire that night and went "You know what lads, I know when we started this is was going to be a big circle of balls, but I'm thinking like blocks now? What you reckon?" And so they chiselled it in to blocks on site.
I would watch this film.

e: I'm just wondering if @mrk is going to go full on mentalist about this because god dammit I am here for him if he does, uh, do. You go girl!

Last edited:
To support this hypothesis, I believe some ancient texts were recently discovered which quote the chief druid/mason as saying "If I ever see another chisel before I die of old age at 27, I will be very upset". Confirms he was complaining about all the chiselling required to chisel a load of smaller blocks out of one Raiders of the Lost Ark size ball rock.

[Verse 1]
Take me out tonight
Where there's music and there's people
And they're young and alive
Driving in your car
I never, never want to go home
Because I haven't got one anymore
Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people
And I want to see life
Driving in your car, oh, please don't drop me home
Because it's not my home, it's their home
And I'm welcome no more

[Chorus]
And if a doublе-decker bus crashes into us
To diе by your side is such a heavenly way to die
And if a six-tonne stone was transported from Scotland to Stonehenge 5,000 years ago
To die by your side, well, the pleasure, the privilege is mine

See no one has suggested magic.

I suspect our ancestors had access to magic and they used that. Then it died out suddenly when the Earths mana levels dropped and global civilisation went backwards quickly, so they ate the magic users.

I think Hancock was onto something, he just missed the obvious magic link.

Is it time to go outside for my walk now nurse? ;)

From the ice-age, to the stone-age
There is but one concern
I have just discovered
Some stones are bigger than others

Yet more evidence passed down through the ages of the regret of even starting the job in the first place.

Going back to the giant stone ball theory, assuming that they'd already largely built the non-scotch stones as blocks at Stone Henge, can you *imagine* the temptation to not suddenly invent Ten Pin Bowling when they finally turned up with the giant spherical rock?! They probably had to have a fight over it.

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but I always thought the glaciers travelled North and not South during the ice ages.
The ice cap expanded in all directions from the source in the scottish highlands, not sure why it would travel only north if theres no physical barrier to expansion in other directions. The limit of the ice varied according to glaciation event of which there were many at the maximum extent of the ice the ice cap ended just north of the Thames infact it permanently changed the course of the river which used to empty into the sea north of its present location the ice forced it south

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom