So, Anyone Got Their Christmas Tree(s) Up Yet?

Soldato
Got my two up, both from the farm in the village:

7'3 beast in the living room

8NCq7r8.jpg

SZv76hQ.jpg

6'10 guy in the kitchen

RJww3cZ.jpgp

Christmas tree farm opens last week of November, and given they last happily into new year might as well get our money's worth!

Last edited:
No tree here, but my fairy lights go up on Advent (1st Dec). I get the odd failure, but in general my collection grows because I buy an extra set every year. This year is no exception.

For those who are unsure about putting up a tree or some lights, don't be phased by Greta's green-washing or the press in general. Stand up to it!

Soldato
OP
We put ours up a little early but undecorated so we can train the kitten not to attack it.

Good luck! :D

Our new kittens have had most the lower decorations off on a regular basis but only a handful of attempts to climb it. I'm sure there will be more

IMG20221129074753-01.jpg

Expecting more fun and games with them when the 9 footer goes up in the kitchen ....

Associate
Not yet, although most in our estate have had their decorations up for at least a week (maybe two). The missus has been asking me every week "Can we decorate this week?"....

So far I've resisted and told her we are decorating on the 10th of Dec.

Soldato

Just a godinman safety warning.

My username really does suck now I've written it myself..huh.

My tree's going up this Sunday night, bit earlier than I'd have done pre-kids but they're super excited. :)

Soldato
Decorations go up when the kids break for Christmas Holidays, main tree goes up in living room on Christmas Eve everything comes down on weekend preceding Twelfth Night.

Christmas is getting worse the period between Christmas and New Year has lost all specialness these days. Used to be people had long breaks and saw the family but now it seems like for many it's over with Christmas Pudding :(

Soldato
Decorations go up when the kids break for Christmas Holidays, main tree goes up in living room on Christmas Eve everything comes down on weekend preceding Twelfth Night.

Christmas is getting worse the period between Christmas and New Year has lost all specialness these days. Used to be people had long breaks and saw the family but now it seems like for many it's over with Christmas Pudding :(

Complaining it's over too early but not putting the tree up til Christmas eve? For me all of December is a festive time, this year my first work Christmas party is on the 1st December and invariably have many a drunken gathering between then and the day itself!

Last edited:
Soldato

Tree etc as a kid went down the day before I went back to school as want to return home and not to continue with Christmas as some years I returned 4th Jan.

Associate
@m4rmite reminded me of a neighbour one year who set their exterior lights to berserk - its was epic. :D

Must admit I've been dithering whether to bother, just booked a week leave when logging off as have a load of holiday to use up, likely go up the week of the 10th.

Some lovely rooms and trees posted. :)

Back
Top Bottom