• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So I wnet and bought a Bulldoser

Noob :P

Just in time for AMD to release an updated chip, promising more performance, that you'll have to pay for all over again. Its beyond even the magical abilities of facepalm.

I am one of those AMD users who waited for the Bulldozer for such a long time and cried when I saw the performance and went for a i7 2600k. I am not a gamer but I mostly do multimedia work and even for me the 8 cores would not have done much due to the performance of the cores. You would have been better off with a Phenom II 1090

He he ,

Ok I have been using a sandy 2400 and a P67 rev 3 board and it was nice and all, but I fancied a change. going 25/2600k wasn't and option as the 2400 was a good chip in it's own right had clocked with the limited multi (upped the turbo) to 3.8/3.7 and 3.6 for all cores.

Now I got the itch to see what bulldoser could do, as per my sig I went for the FX 8120 as I knew the 6 and 4 cores wouldn't cut it for me. So far I'm impressed AMD might have marketed it wrong, but it is actually a very good chip. I havn't played much with it yet but running BF3 all cores are utilised and I now have zero lag on 64 player servers where the action can get pretty intense , I have had this upto 4Ghz and ran Cinebench and scored 6.5ish. And I know I'm gonna have fun overclocking this thing once the Bios matures on the Motherboard.

Yes all the bench marks show intel has it in the bag at the moment, but for me gaming performance is more than acceptable, and when encoding and ripping media Intel can't touch this thing in for the price / performance it gives.

Last edited:
That is what we need to see, some real world usage and feedback from people with typical rigs and typical uses.

I think that it is probably a good all round processor and just overpriced currently.

Be interested to see what power it will use in your SLI rig.

It's only the benchmark queens that dislike Bulldozer, in real terms any high end cpu will give you a good experience.

Unless of course you run Pi or Cinebench all day long instead of actually using your computer...

If you got a good enough CPU cooler, overclock it to 4.6~4.8GHz.

It will keep you nice and warm through the winter with waste heat from the extra 200-300W of power-consumption. You can even turn down the radiator a bit with to say some money on the gas...though energy bill will go up a bit. There's no better time to buy a Bulldozer CPU than now, and during summer time it will give you a nice sauna! :D

Last edited:
If you got a good enough CPU cooler, overclock it to 4.6~4.8GHz.

It will keep you nice and warm through the winter with waste heat from the extra 200-300W of power-consumption. You can even turn down the radiator a bit with to say some money on the gas...but energy bill will go up a bit though.

No Offence but your Q6600 probably draws more juice on Idle...:D

Considering at idle the Bulldozer consumes LESS power than a Phenom II x4 and x6, and clock for clock very close to the Intel i5 and i7, you'd be right.

Under load at stock clocks it's about ~20-25w higher which is some way off his 200-300w comment.

Back
Top Bottom