• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So I wnet and bought a Bulldoser

Considering at idle the Bulldozer consumes LESS power than a Phenom II x4 and x6, and clock for clock very close to the Intel i5 and i7, you'd be right.

Under load at stock clocks it's about ~20-25w higher which is some way off his 200-300w comment.
Fail at reading is fail. I clearly said overclock and you go and talk about idle. FX8150 at 4.6~4.8GHz does consume 200~300W extra comparing to i5 2500K at 4.6~4.8GHz under load.

I was trying to make something positive out of the Bulldozer and say extra performance, gaming and keeping one warm at the same time, and you are trying to say it doesn't do that lol.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's that close, you also have to consider that the performance per clock is less for Zambezi

I'm sorry but you're missing my point.

My comment about power consumption was in reply to a flippant remark on how hot and power hungry Bulldozer is. As a result performance hasn't been mentioned or considered.

But it uses more wattage, for lower performance.
I get what you're saying, however it's a moot consolation imo.

Agree performance per watt is an entirely different story, but I was commenting on simple wattage.

edit: just saw you edited because you saw my previous post, we're stepping over each other here! But we're in agreement.

You question my reading capacity and yet can't even compose a correctly structured sentence.

"lols and fails"

And yes of course your 'heating the room' philosophy was in defence of Bulldozer, it was clearly a positive comment. How silly of me to have missed that.
If you are taking a serious approach to this thread, then you really are doing it wrong. There's no need for more posts like "OMGZZZ!! You should have bought a i5 2500K instead!"...there's enough of those threads around.

Last edited:
If you are taking a serious approach to this thread, then you really are doing it wrong. There's no need for more posts like "OMGZZZ!! You should have bought a i5 2500K instead!"...there's enough of those threads around.

I was merely balancing out all the negative comments with an objective and realistic one. There was nothing fanciful about it.

Please can we get back on track.

I'm interested in how it is for day to day.

My P2 is bottlenecking my GFX performance in BF3 - I can see all 4 cores maxed. I guess it's the CrossFireX + the extreme resolution.

Back
Top Bottom