So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
First half we were awful and were extremely lucky to go in only one down. But personally I thought we deserved something from the second half... No idea why TC took off Aloski for Grot, it's like playing with 10 men.

Leeds fans seem to be pretty much 50/50 now on TC, hard to believe we were top of the league not so long ago.

You had a decent 20 minute spell in the second half, but Bentley was rarely tested, whereas we hit the bar twice as well as scoring two second half goals, so it would have been really against the run of play for us to have dropped points.

Going to be interesting to see if he can pull it around after your recent run - I was surprised he to Lasoga off at half time, as he was the only one who'd had a chance.

Soldato
There's two types of fans.
Those who like Football, and those who support Sunderland.

I tell you what, we made a bloody good effort at making them look half decent yesterday. 3 wins on the trot can't mask the performance yesterday, still not convinced Monk can take us up. The only bright spark yesterday was Braithwaite, he's got a touch of class about him.

Don
You had a decent 20 minute spell in the second half, but Bentley was rarely tested, whereas we hit the bar twice as well as scoring two second half goals, so it would have been really against the run of play for us to have dropped points.

Going to be interesting to see if he can pull it around after your recent run - I was surprised he to Lasoga off at half time, as he was the only one who'd had a chance.

Correct. We had a small spell, you got mega lucky with the header we missed before Woods scored mind, Ayling should have scored that. We were playing with flair and expression at the start of the season now we have turned into the displays Monk managed us with, rigid and boring and just getting lucky with goals. Blah.

Soldato
Correct. We had a small spell, you got mega lucky with the header we missed before Woods scored mind, Ayling should have scored that. We were playing with flair and expression at the start of the season now we have turned into the displays Monk managed us with, rigid and boring and just getting lucky with goals. Blah.

We were most certainly lucky with that header. I was sat in line with it and was in full on clench mode when the free kick was whipped in. Thought we should have been two up before you equalised though - penalty and the bar hit - but it was a fun game to watch.

I'd urge for patience with your manager. It's difficult to get a side playing so well immediately after taking over, so there's every chance you could get back up there. Patience and planning is key. We've gone on three such runs under Dean Smith - in his first season we went something like 14 games without a win, 10 of those being defeats. Had a very poor run last season and at the beginning of this. Chopping and changing managers after a poor spell following a good start means that it'll be a merry-go-round until the owner goes.

Associate
I'd urge for patience with your manager. It's difficult to get a side playing so well immediately after taking over, so there's every chance you could get back up there. Patience and planning is key. We've gone on three such runs under Dean Smith - in his first season we went something like 14 games without a win, 10 of those being defeats. Had a very poor run last season and at the beginning of this. Chopping and changing managers after a poor spell following a good start means that it'll be a merry-go-round until the owner goes.

I seem to be in the minority by wanting him to stay...

It's the same team/manager that looked absolutely superb at the start of the season, just need to grind out a few results to get some form back.

Don
I seem to be in the minority by wanting him to stay...

It's the same team/manager that looked absolutely superb at the start of the season, just need to grind out a few results to get some form back.

That is true however look at the teams we beat, Sunderland, Bolton, Burton, Forest, Birmingham etc. It really gave us some false hope! I just don't know when the rot will end, we could be looking at 11 losses out of 12.

Soldato
Blades top of the league again but a good 1-3 win was marred by losing one of if not our best player to a broken leg. It looks awful but I hope Coutts can recover and return in the same vein of form. Will be interesting how we cope with his loss.

Caporegime
I would be astonished if Coleman is anything besides a spectacular failure at Sunderland. People are all too quick to forget his club record, because his stock is high following a mesmerising overachievement with the Welsh national side.

Sheffield Wednesday are very average this season, mainly due to not addressing the problems over the past ~18 months~; lack of pace, aging squad, injuries, lack of identity, tone, lightweight... all the things I have complained about for the last ~18 months~, I feel that until there is a considerably better option than Carlos, Wednesday should stick with him as he is a more than capable manager.

Drew 0-0 with Bristol City yesterday, in what might just be the single most dull game of football I have ever seen. Ever. Bristol were pathetic, and Wednesday were not much better.

Soldato
Get in! Great result, Leeds 2 - Middlesbrough 1

I would be astonished if Coleman is anything besides a spectacular failure at Sunderland. People are all too quick to forget his club record, because his stock is high following a mesmerising overachievement with the Welsh national side.

Huh? Surely you haven't looked at his past record, hardly a failure.

Caporegime
Huh? Surely you haven't looked at his past record, hardly a failure.

34.7 Win percentage with Fulham.
38.1 Win percentage with Real Sociedad.
29.1 Win percentage with Coventry City.
50.0 Win percentage with Athlitiki Enosi Larissa (12 games)

38.0 Win percentage with Wales.

Has never won anything as a manager.

I think he because he has over achieved with the Wales national side, his stock is high.

Back
Top Bottom