So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
There's just no final product. At times we looked threatening but just can't seem to score. Defensively we're still very poor.

Give it time. 3 games in a week as DS' first fixtures gives him and his new staff virtually no time to spend on the training pitch.

He needs a fair bit of runway before his ideas take root.

Soldato
We're terrible at the moment. Can't score, can't defend, low morale, etc. The fact that we have a tiny budget is really coming into focus right now, our squad is threadbare and key players are totally out of form. Last season and the beginning of this, Ollie Watkins has looked brilliant, we even turned down £11m for him this summer... now I think most fans wouldn't be upset if he wasn't in the 18. But we've only got 3 wide players and one of them - Benrahma - is still getting used to this division, so Watkins stays in the starting line up.

9 without a win, a third of the way through the season and we've still not won away from home. It seems the moment I posted about us being favourites one of the footballing gods took notice and thought "No, no, no... this will not do! We cannot have a tinpot team like Brentford in the Premier League". I've been missing a few games for the first time in years due to other commitments... and I'm really not too bothered.

Soldato
I'd love Brentford to be in the big time. Everyone thought Bournemouth would struggle with their budget, facilities etc when they went up but they've been a brilliant addition to the league. I love a good football fairytale, sadly don't get many at Villa :p

Soldato
Looking forward to Friday evening even though I should be dreading it. We're favourites, Wednesday are having a bad run, the manager has fallen out with a couple of their players, fans want their manager out and their owner was filmed on Saturday after the game trying to calm down irate fans.

On the bright side of Sheffield, Chris Wilder has us playing some really good, free flowing attacking style, our squad is together and the fans are very happy though the loss to Forest was a slight dampener given we also lost the top spot.

Beautiful downtown Bramall Lane under the lights, bring on the Steel City derby. Come on you red and white wizards.

Associate

Whoops!

Close though, right? :p

2vi00i8.png

Back
Top Bottom