So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Caporegime
Heartbroken.

Fantastic night at H'borough last night under the night sky. Great atmosphere.

Thought it was a good game of football, haven't got much love for Huddersfield, frustrating as we comfortably did the double over them in the league, such unambitious football. Good luck to them in the final though, and good luck to Reading.

Soldato
such unambitious football.

Interesting you should say that. I've thought that they played functional football throughout this season, as opposed to attacking - same I'd say for Reading to be honest. But a statistic popped up on the screen last night, that over the two legs Wednesday mustered 12 shots, with 3 on target (o in the first game), versus Huddersfield's 27 shots and 6 on target. I'd actually suggest that Wednesday played the unambitious stuff over the two legs, especially given the squad at your disposal. How Carvalhal hasn't got that squad promoted in the last two seasons is nuts.

Caporegime
Interesting you should say that. I've thought that they played functional football throughout this season, as opposed to attacking - same I'd say for Reading to be honest. But a statistic popped up on the screen last night, that over the two legs Wednesday mustered 12 shots, with 3 on target (o in the first game), versus Huddersfield's 27 shots and 6 on target. I'd actually suggest that Wednesday played the unambitious stuff over the two legs, especially given the squad at your disposal. How Carvalhal hasn't got that squad promoted in the last two seasons is nuts.

I stand by unambitious, Huddersfield have been eager to retain the ball and time waste (possession for possessions sake), and sacrificed their attacking intent totally. Dull football, similar to Middlesbrough (and Reading). Their goal difference is terrible.

Huddersfield were the better team and deserved it. My issue is not that we lost but that we went out with no fight; on a whimper, against a bang average Huddersfield and we set up as though we were playing Barca. We comfortably beat Huddersfield in the league, and have an excellent record against them (and Wagner). Carlos has been too defensive all season, insisting on four - four - ******* two.

I think Carlos will be moving on, despite me having a lot of time for him, but the side needs reinvigorating and a good transfer/closed season needs to happen. Wednesday should have done considerably better this season, I've bemoaned the lack of excitement, the predictability, the lack of flair, the defensive attitude, the rigid tactics with players playing out of position/roles... list goes on. The bizarre decisions happened in a microcosm in the two legs, which is representative of the season.

Caporegime
I don't have much time for Leeds, or Monk. However, saying that, I genuinely thought Leeds played better football than either Huddersfield and Reading this season and they should rightly be frustrated at not getting in the play offs. Played some good football this year.

Do not quite understand this, but hope the new owner has a plan (and budget).

Associate
Absolute shambles, get ready for a job swap with Karanka. It goes from bad to worse supporting this club :(

Most Leeds fans on Facebook/Twitter aren't too fond on Karanka because of his 'dull' style of football.

I'd happily take a 1-0 win every game - don't care how we play if we manage to get out of this bloody league.

Soldato
The daily star (you know that well known and trustworthy publication that always knows what's going on /s) has said Leeds have approached Ranieri, and the bookies have reduced the odds on him....Apparently he's also been pictured in Leeds (though I've not seen those pictures)

PLEASE BE TRUE!

Associate
The daily star (you know that well known and trustworthy publication that always knows what's going on /s) has said Leeds have approached Ranieri, and the bookies have reduced the odds on him....Apparently he's also been pictured in Leeds (though I've not seen those pictures)

PLEASE BE TRUE!

Scenes! I'd be more than happy with the tinker man in charge!

Soldato
Scenes! I'd be more than happy with the tinker man in charge!

Another post on twitter this evening plays down the rumours, and links the new director with Karanka. Not so sure about Karanka though....seems like he plays pretty boring football, but gets the job done. Always handy to have his Jose links though for loan purposes (did boro well if i remember rightly? Bamford for example wasn't it?)

Associate
Another post on twitter this evening plays down the rumours, and links the new director with Karanka. Not so sure about Karanka though....seems like he plays pretty boring football, but gets the job done. Always handy to have his Jose links though for loan purposes (did boro well if i remember rightly? Bamford for example wasn't it?)

I'm happy with either to be honest, or even Pep Clotet (our current assistant).

Ranieri would be the 'champagne' signing, but it's going to matter for nothing if the board don't back them with a decent transfer kitty (which might be one of the reasons Monk resigned?).

Don
Let's say we were linked with Ranieri prior to the Leicester miracle...(which we were), would you be happy with him on board? I wouldn't be...he's had very little success in the past 25 years and was a laughing stock at Greece. He has no experience in lower league teams nor in the Championship. I personally think Karanka would be a better option and I DO NOT want him neither. Bad times.

Caporegime
Let's say we were linked with Ranieri prior to the Leicester miracle...(which we were), would you be happy with him on board? I wouldn't be...he's had very little success in the past 25 years and was a laughing stock at Greece. He has no experience in lower league teams nor in the Championship. I personally think Karanka would be a better option and I DO NOT want him neither. Bad times.

I remember people saying that the Ranieri signing would relegate Leicester.

Soldato
I always had fond memories of him when he was Chelsea, we can't undermine what he did with Leicester, there's got to a bit of genius in him for doing that. I'm perfectly happy giving him a chance at Leeds. Like i said before, i won't be holding my breath though..

A new manager, whoever it is, needs come in quickly, we need a few transfer through the door.

Back
Top Bottom