So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I didn't! Its AR I know, but does the game take a snap of the scene when you catch a critter?

I must be the only person alive that hasn't played a Pokemen game

Sadly no. It's an optional feature, but captures freeze at times, so you can have your mug plastered all over their screen until they figure out how to reboot the game. ;) This glitch will get a fix soon, no doubt.

Is this the modern day of?

Verily. But indecent exposure is still an offence! :p

Soldato
I seem to be sat on 3 spawn points. Getting loads of Pokemon. I've not been using any of my resources to upgrade them. I'm getting a few the same and they have been more powerful sometimes. Once I'm happy I've got the strongest base one I will start upgrading. I'm transferring the weaker duplicates to collect candy.

Quite a fun game so far. I now know why people are gathering around random places with their phones out.

Soldato
Pure interest since apparantly they spawn in police stations and the like are they also spawning in houses?

Just imaging a hoard turning up at my door to come get the rare one :D.

Soldato
Pure interest since apparantly they spawn in police stations and the like are they also spawning in houses?

Just imaging a hoard turning up at my door to come get the rare one :D.

They spawn in or around houses. However the character has a range around them so you don't have to actually be right on the spot to get it.

Soldato
They spawn in or around houses. However the character has a range around them so you don't have to actually be right on the spot to get it.

Ahh ok. Wondered how it worked thanks :). Could be amusing :D.

Also can't find the answer is it first come first serve or can everyone who turns up catch the same one?

People here have mentioned that critters can spawn around houses / in gardens. Is it likely that us non-players will get trespassers? My garden is quite private, but it doesn't stop people going past my gate. Some chavs cleared my garden of all of my solar lights some 5 years ago. On the 1st day of my new job!

I must be the only person alive that hasn't played a Pokemen game

I haven't either, except for Super Smash Bros that has some Pokémon characters in it + other franchises.

Soldato
Ahh ok. Wondered how it worked thanks :). Could be amusing :D.

Also can't find the answer is it first come first serve or can everyone who turns up catch the same one?

That I don't know.

People here have mentioned that critters can spawn around houses / in gardens. Is it likely that us non-players will get trespassers? My garden is quite private, but it doesn't stop people going past my gate. Some chavs cleared my garden of all of my solar lights some 5 years ago. On the 1st day of my new job!

I haven't either, except for Super Smash Bros that has some Pokémon characters in it + other franchises.

You can only see the ones within and just outside your range which is about 5m I'm guessing. There is a nearby feature that will tell you in a vague way how far something is. It doesn't say where it is or give you directions. It is literally near, quite far or far. I'm not sure how the system decides where to put rare ones. Those are the ones that are likely to cause people to be stupid.

Last edited:
Cheers Delta.

I'm still trying to understand the placement thing.

E.g. in World of Warcraft, Blizzard decides where certain types of monsters are found. They will roam around set locations. When they get killed, they'll re-spawn after a set time interval in the same area.

Is it similar in Pokémon? Have the game designers already decided that a certain character will spawn outside Stafford Sainsbury's and will re-spawn there?

Or is it completely random and they'll re-spawn somewhere else?

Man of Honour
Cheers Delta.

I'm still trying to understand the placement thing.

E.g. in World of Warcraft, Blizzard decides where certain types of monsters are found. They will roam around set locations. When they get killed, they'll re-spawn after a set time interval in the same area.

Is it similar in Pokémon? Have the game designers already decided that a certain character will spawn outside Stafford Sainsbury's and will re-spawn there?

Or is it completely random and they'll re-spawn somewhere else?

It seems to be that pokemon will spawn most frequently in areas where there are the most people playing. You can attach 'lures' to sites which increases the chances of rare ones showing up. My and my company set off 4 today in college green Bristol (bottom of park street) and every man and his ... err... phone, was trying to get in on the lure action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom