So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
After being fed up with my daughters roblox obsession, I installed pokemon go last night and we headed out to try it. She loved it and walked with me for 2 hours searching for them. Yes, it's stupid, yes it's repetetive, but she interacted with about a dozen other kids her age who were out doing the same thing and she got a lot more exercise than sitting on the ipad at home. Gets a thumbs up from me.

Caporegime
After being fed up with my daughters roblox obsession, I installed pokemon go last night and we headed out to try it. She loved it and walked with me for 2 hours searching for them. Yes, it's stupid, yes it's repetetive, but she interacted with about a dozen other kids her age who were out doing the same thing and she got a lot more exercise than sitting on the ipad at home. Gets a thumbs up from me.

And that's why this game is a great idea

Soldato
I'm sure they'll also make it safer as more people play and report their experiences. Snaffus to start with are expected. Just have to be mindful of your environment and supervise young children properly in areas where it makes sense, say dangerous traffic nearby or high rates of petty crime.

Soldato
They've got a new Pokemon game coming out for DS in November, that'll probably sell really well now. Also they'll sell a lot of merchandise from the game. I can't see them making tonnes directly from the game though.

Caporegime
They'll harvest more useful data too. This in itself can be used for further products and services or just sold to the highest bidder or prospective affiliates.

What data does this game harvest that they wouldn't already have?

This game is built on the geolocation and photos collected from Ingress, I can't see it collecting anything else of worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom