• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So who is going for Core Extreme Quadro?

Associate
Not I.

I need a new machine from Father Christmas. Will prob get a cheaper core2duo CPU that I can ditch after the Christmas madness and go core crazy when they come out in numbers.
(I would like one but can't justify it with so much changing in the first quarter of next year)

Soldato
Muzzz said:
Not I.

I need a new machine from Father Christmas. Will prob get a cheaper core2duo CPU that I can ditch after the Christmas madness and go core crazy when they come out in numbers.
(I would like one but can't justify it with so much changing in the first quarter of next year)

Claimed!

Soldato
Muzzz said:
with so much changing in the first quarter of next year)

Whats all changing mate?

Im actually dissapointed that AMD wont have any quad core offerings till Q3 2007, i have never bought an intel in my life but dont really have an option now.

I am going to do an upgrade at christmas and am seriously thinking quad core, Either that or im at least going to but a quad core ready m/board. Everything in pc land is the same, new hardware is out of date almost as soon as you buy it so why put off the enevitable?

Associate
I don't think I will be getting one, pointless for me to go Quad Core ( gamer ). Im happy with my current conroe set up. Maybe I will start thinking of upgrading WHEN Amd comes up with something to fight with intel. Dont wanna get quad core and 1 month later some stronger processor comes out lol.

Associate
Changing = more Intels coming out :)
Yeah, be interesting when AMD come up with the goods.
DX10
Vista...
May as well buy a beast then (always the same though, something better / new coming out in a couple of months)

Associate
Think I will wait until the standard quads come out in January. I need a new system but its gotta last me a few years so I might aswell go quad for the longevity and the potential 'future proofing' (if there is such a thing in this market)

Gibbo, dont suppose you know anything about prices for the 2.4GHz version of the Core2 quad for Jan? would be nice to start budgeting

Back
Top Bottom